Northern Rarity

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Mistress
Species: cold water

Northern Rarity

Post by Mistress »

Took a run over to my NW salmon hole this afternoon and got into some decent salmon after trying to figure out where they were and what they wanted. The surface temp was 62.8, almost ten degrees colder than two days ago and the first fish came on the surface as I was letting line out to reset a rigger from changing lures, and after that anywhere between that and 50’ in 140 FOW. Six salmon total, all legal size or better, all released, and cop car, purple/black, chart green and pink were the colors. Figure that out, CRAZY odd bite! To top it all off one fish was not clipped and one had RV clipped. Others were LV.
Attachments
IMG_7081.jpeg
IMG_7081.jpeg (150.63 KiB) Viewed 655 times
Mistress

Re: Northern Rarity

Post by Mistress »

RV clipped
Attachments
IMG_7084.jpeg
IMG_7084.jpeg (202.24 KiB) Viewed 654 times
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nothing like havin em dialed in Mistreas. Will be on the water with my Nefew and Jason from work on Wed…. Please leave us a pig to report:)

Fish on!
Matt B
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Nice job, that's a lot of salmon for an afternoon !

I've heard it said, "when the fish are biting, it doesn't matter what lure you're using. And when the fish aren't biting, it doesn't matter what lure you're using." :D

I wonder if there is some upwelling current that is mixing up the water and bait so salmon were biting from the surface down to 50' ?

Looks like you figured out the right spot and that's what did the trick !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Mistress

Post by Mistress »

I was out in that area again today and it was barren, hardly marked a perch. Surface temp was up 3 degrees and only caught 2 smolt in six hours, and of course a white perch. What a difference a day makes and is part of the reason I love salmon fishing. As we all know they can be hard to pattern unlike other species and it makes the successful days that much more memorable. Back at it tomorrow, probably putz around in the IS, closer to my friends camp in Cooper Bay.
Happy 4th of July!
Pat
Attachments
IMG_5727.jpeg
IMG_5727.jpeg (167.78 KiB) Viewed 494 times