FLEAS

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
HIT MAN
Species: Trout /Salmon

FLEAS

Post by HIT MAN »

I fished Wednesday out of Westport , and north to Whallons ,and Converse Bay area. The fleas were pretty bad already. No fish to report , but alot of fleas ! Time to put on the heavy line.
Fishmedic
Species: Trout/Salmon

Re: FLEAS

Post by Fishmedic »

Fished Tuesday from Port Henry to Westport. Had my grandson with me and was his first time to LC. Fleas were aweful and a PIA. Grandson had his first fish on by 9am and was over excited as he has never caught anything bigger than small bass. Fish hooked on a rigger down 75 over 80 fow. Had to keep cleaning Fleas off line as he reeled in his first 8 lb Laker. Never thought we would land this one. Biggest surprise was he caught it on a Swim Bait we use for Bass. Rest of the day consisted of cleaning lines and changing baits. Picked up one more Laker on a slide diver with a mooselook yellow orange ladder back down 65 ft.
Attachments
20230620_132721.jpg
20230620_132721.jpg (135.59 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
To fish or not to fish ??
What a Dumb question !!!
Big Bear
Species: Cold water

Post by Big Bear »

HIT MAN wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:46 am I fished Wednesday out of Westport , and north to Whallons ,and Converse Bay area. The fleas were pretty bad already. No fish to report , but alot of fleas ! Time to put on the heavy line.
They are off colchester reef as well…
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Has anyone seen them in The inland sea yet?
Matt B
Mistress
Species: cold water

Post by Mistress »

Hello Matt
I put 4 hrs in this afternoon/evening and did not have any flea fouling, still running my reg 10# test and the bite was decent!
Pat
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Mistress wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:25 pm Hello Matt
I put 4 hrs in this afternoon/evening and did not have any flea fouling, still running my reg 10# test and the bite was decent!
Pat
Thanks Pat, we will be launching in an hr;)

One more troll without fleas till I hit fishville;)

Matt
Matt B
Pcraft237
Species: All

Post by Pcraft237 »

I was out Wednesday as well and spoke to Hitman at the launch. Saw him fishing later and spoke again when we were back at launch. Fleas were bad from Diamond Island to Whallons Bay. Had a strike near Mother’s Rock. No fish. Gave up on trolling headed north and jigged a nice laker only after a couple of minutes. But then nothing for an hour. Headed back to Westport.
Hawkeye50
Species: Salmon

Post by Hawkeye50 »

Fished Westport area today and fleas were terrible! They were balling -up on knots,swivels,and fouling rod guides.Gave up running braid dipsie had to break out the 30 pound reels to make fishing manageable.Did manage several lakers and 1 nice salmon.Caught several small 8” salmon wondering if lake was recently stocked
Play'n Hookey
Species: Lake Trout Salmon Walleye

Post by Play'n Hookey »

Fished Willsboro Bay this morning thru early afternoon . Landed four from 28 - 19 with no real favorites for lures . Lots of fleas ,had to hand line them most of the way in even with 40lb. Lost a few that way hopefully they won’t last long this year.