Omg ch3 and LCI fish handling

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Omg ch3 and LCI fish handling

Post by Reelax »

What’s up with putting a lake trout over your shoulder like a sack of potatoes in a live release derby and walking down to the water to release it. How can this type of cold water fish handling make it to tv?

Wow

Why would channel 3 put this on air? What is it teaching other anglers?

Why would LCI allow this? It is supposed to be a catch and release tourney.

This is a good example why I don’t fish this derby anymore.

What do you think?
Attachments
IMG_4288.jpeg
IMG_4288.jpeg (142.72 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
IMG_4287.jpeg
IMG_4287.jpeg (137.06 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
Matt B
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Re: Omg ch3 and LCI fish handling

Post by homewrecker »

Looks like he is ready to body slam the fish into the lake!
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

Can you imagine the fishery Champlain would be if there weren't ANY derbies on it?
bootstrap
Species: walleye & perch

Post by bootstrap »

wcax and most media outlets are just a springboard for the liberal anti hunting and fishing pinko police state agenda.
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

Well..........if you watch this station much you can tell even as they announce seasons...........they have no clue about fishing/hunting. Would love to see one of the guys here do well........

As an aside........just replaced the valves on my old taylor fenders that were leaking air. Saw an youtube where a guy described how to. I sent an email to Taylor with a pic of the valve and they told me what to order. So fun to fix this stuff.....

John
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Wow. Never seen anything like that before. My first thought was the same as Bootstraps … they picked this footage to “cast” fishermen as Neanderthals and give us all a bad name.
saltr
Species: LLS

Post by saltr »

I also used to fish the LCI. Not anymore!
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

I have a fond (20ish years ago) memory of a young kid in a cut-off Hooters t shirt and jean cut-off shorts walking a bowfin to the LCI weigh in station with the fish over his shoulder. Today, and with a laker, this is GRIM! I haven't supported the LCI for a long time. I wish the Ehlers/LCI wasn't so tone deaf!
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

That must have been a riot to see! I realize a fish is a fish, but I would rather see a bowfin slung over a shoulder than a laker. No way that lake trout lived after that. Bowfin have thrived for thousands (millions?) of years for a reason.
sonny88
Species: salmon

Post by sonny88 »

I haven't fished the LCI for a while but a few years back we had a big laker and a team ticket. I got a 23" salmon and knew it wasn't a winner but brought it in for the team points. It wasn't fat but was a normal, healthy fish that I brought in alive. The guy at the scale said 1.8 pounds!!!!
I said it can't be, a 23" atlantic salmon doesn't weigh 1.8 pounds. He said the scale doesn't lie. I said it's alive please put it in the tank and weigh it later. Well, i think i have the record for smallest salmon ever caught in the LCI! I wrote Ehlers an email and he basically called me an idiot. Seeing the pic of the guy with the "live" laker over his shoulder it was probably the same guy! :)
The River Rat
Species: Anything that swims

Post by The River Rat »

I witnessed a shady situation myself at a weigh in station last year. It was after midnight and we we're exited to put a walleye on the scale. We had measured it 3 times at 25 1/4 as it was just over the minimum entry size but would've made the board for the time being. The guy put it on the bunk wich was literally falling apart and said oh nope sorry 6.14#s but it's short 24 1/2! Short? I pushed the board back together and said look its 25 1/8". Nope he says I'll give you 24 and 3/4... HUH! He says put it in the live well I'll release it later. Walking over in disbelief I looked in and there was another walleye in there sluggishly swimming around and asked about it. He says that one's not gonna make it, gonna be my breakfast tomorrow! Well soon as he turned his back I plopped mine over the retaining wall into the bay, mine wasn't gonna end up in that jokers stomache! He submit my paper work still for some reason, they never listed my fish till final tally and in the basin report but changed the length to 25"!
A White