Lake Memphremagog

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Speedy
Species: Trout/Salmon

Lake Memphremagog

Post by Speedy »

I finally got my 19ft. Sea Nymph in the water. Clear day with steady winds,showing 10" caps. V bottom med. size boat handled it well. Bass boats and little guys got blown off. Was a little disappointed that the Vermont section of the lake averages 25 ft. Two channel going to 35 ft. Just entering them my wife caught the first fish of the day. A 17 1/2" , 2 lb Rainbow, straight out the back 120' down about 20'. It made several jumps and made our day. Then I caught a large mouth bass, also down 20-25'. Strange? No lily pads down there. Good day.

While cleaning the trout out came his lunch..a Alewife. Not a creek chub minnow. I was told there were no Alewife or lamprey eels in in-land lake.
I didn't bag him, but did lay him out next to the photo VT Fish & Game law book page 9. Maybe he ate lunch in Burlington. LOL
Speedy
Attachments
17  and half inch, 2 lb Rainbow from Memphremagog.jpg
17 and half inch, 2 lb Rainbow from Memphremagog.jpg (94.79 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Lake Memphremagog

Post by Reelax »

:?: Do you have anymore pics of that fish? Are you sure it’s a rainbow? Looks like a salmon to me…

Thanks for sharing. Great story;)
Matt B
Speedy
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by Speedy »

Rookie here...I have only two photos same shot. The slight pink tint down his side may have fooled me. Again I'm new at this and the You Tube videos always show King Salmon, all bright silver. The fish jumped three times and Lynne was thrilled, (8 lb. test). So dark backs and silver sides with sometimes a tint of pink? Also she said when she measured it it was 17 3/4 and not 17 1/2. Yes deer. LOL I didn't have a lot of time with the wind turning us. I'll catch on.
Thanks,
Speedy
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Looks like maybe spots on the tail? If so, it is indeed a rainbow. It can be tricky to tell the difference! Glad you had some success.