Converse Bay May 28

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
striper192001
Species: salmon

Converse Bay May 28

Post by striper192001 »

In the water at 6 am with one buddy so 4 rods. Hot colors were Sausage Gravy, Monkey Puke and Copper with red stripe and colored dots. Had hits at 40 down, (Thanks Jack !) but also on sliders at that depth. One fish came on slide diver at 70 feet. Actually caught and reeled in a live alewife. He went into the livewell with ideas in my head but was released later.....
Landing percentage wasn't great as we went 5 for 10 without any silver. One fish at Split Rock and rest between Garden Island and Thompson Point Beauty of a day on the water and we were off by 12:30. Quite the lineup to get on the ramp when we left.

John
Goin-Deep
Species: Salmon, brown trout, steelhead

Re: Converse Bay May 28

Post by Goin-Deep »

Great report thanks for sharing. Glad you share information some find it so secretive and frankly I don’t see why it’s a lake full of fish plenty for everyone! I’ll be out tomorrow with a report to follow. Fish on 🎣
sonny88
Species: salmon

Re: Converse Bay May 28

Post by sonny88 »

On the water at 6am this morning and had a fish at 6:15. Caught 3 salmon and 3 lakers before 9 and then everything shut down. The wind kicked up and made it hard to keep a bearing and constant speed. The hot lure was a copper honeybee with an orange slash. All the salmon were over 3 pounds and all had lamprey scars or lampreys attached. Kinda strange to not catch any smaller salmon!