Wallon Bay Gathering of Past Shootout Winners

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Wallon Bay Gathering of Past Shootout Winners

Post by Surprise »

As we come into spring and a full on melt of March snow we Frostbiter's are looking to the change of season.

I got out today with friends Carl Petri and Nick Tonzola. We arrived at Converse launch at 8:30 AM greeted by empty trailers of Diggitrol & Seabill. We splashed the boat into 35 deg water and skim ice all the way to Picket.

Nick & I ended a few days before of only a 1 fish day with a half hour flurry going 6 for nine at 4Pm. We motored over and set up greeted by Bill & Ron with Frostbite Crew Don Marcelino and Mike Demers. We all started our rounds minus Skim ice from Split rock to in past Seagull Rock and Moorings. Lots of yacking and kidding on the radio with a slow fish bite running plugs on side planers and leadcore & downrigger. Pretty much fished the 12- 25 depth.

Lots of waterfowl and a few Eagles with Loons about too.

Had A Great lunch of Carl's Thai Carrot Ginger Soup, My Salmon Salad with Lettuce, Tomato, Baby Swiss on Ciabatta Roll & Nick"s Chocolate Raspberry cake.

As we were into Lunch Crazy Ivan Todd & Molly came into the mix.

I had to note we had a Quorum of Shootout Winners of Bill Bryden, Ron Winter & Todd Flynt. :D A couple days before we had out Shootout Winner FishDawg Steve Moreau.

Back Out Wednesday with Dan Adam & Ron Winter.......Stay Tuned

We end our day today with only two dinner fish but a wonderful float among friends that is so much better.

Follow are some pictures of the past few days:

SeaBill:

Diggitrol:

Crazy Ivan:

Lunch today:

Day End:

Fish On!
digitroll (ron)

Re: Wallon Bay Gathering of Past Shootout Winners

Post by digitroll (ron) »

It was a great day to be floating! Our Shoot Out team with Mike and Don had a decent day on the silvers making the best of a tough bite on calm water scratching out 9 for 13 on silvers. The last few weeks have been spectacular! See you Wednesday!

Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Wow, you guys caught some really nice fish. March has historically been one of the toughest months for us. Haven't made it out at all yet, but want to. Won't this weekend either looking at the wind. But it looked beautiful out there yesterday, as well as right now.

Nice job, and thanks for the report.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Absolutely beautiful!
Catch and serve with lemon.