First catch of the year

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Speedy
Species: Trout/Salmon

First catch of the year

Post by Speedy »

Well...I couldn't wait any longer so I dusted off my AZ 16' AlumaCraft AZ boat, Humming Bird, and 24 volt Minnkota and my wife Lynne came with me to tell me what I was doing wrong. LOL
Went to AZ Parker Canyon Lake (over one mile high in elevation). Sorry to report that the temp was 58 degrees and warming, clear sky and no wind. I was the only boat there. Lake was like glass, and over 100% full, perfect! I wanted to try out some of Crazy Ivan's lures (thanks Todd). They work on AZ Rainbows also. Put out Lynne's straight line with a "Silver Sapphire" and a couple large split shot 24" back. Bottom was 36' and fish on screen at 26'-30'.
I put out mine with a "Phantom" med. weight spoon and added a 3rd shot out 50+ ft. Lynne got a hit and set the hook and it came out like a Nike missile. Good to hear my wife get excited. While helping her with the net, my line hit. Doubles. This was looking to be a great winter day.
Then my cell phone rang,with a 911 call from one of my adult daughters. Some guy ran a Stop sign and hit her on her electric bike on her way to work. Bike is totaled,she is ok now out of the hospital. Turned the boat around and did a super fast load and 1 1/2 hr. trip back. All OK now.

Looking forward to May to launch my Sea Nymph in Memphremagog and go for Salmon and Lakers.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: First catch of the year

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Sorry to hear about your daughter's accident, hope she will have a full and healthy recovering.
Nice twins on the pic. Must have been fun on the lake that time of year.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Speedy
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by Speedy »

Thanks for the well wishes. Yes. They were both 17 1/2". We have caught 20+ there in the past, but it was real nice on a calm day and only boat out.
Speedy
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

nice job speedy!!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Nice....I'll be down that way in a couple weeks.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

I googled that area! Wish I was there! Nice fish!
Todd