Westport - 1/2

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Westport - 1/2

Post by ChessieMan »

Happy New Year!!!!

Scott and I launched from Westport - we decided that we'd give the Fishville lakers a break. Ran straight across the lake to SB and set-up on the south end - just got #4 rod out when dipsy went off, as a nice laker came over the rail the starboard rigger fired - another feisty laker - "Hey, this ain't bad, two fish in the first 10 minutes"

We made several north/south runs - most of the fish coming on the south side - getting 1-2 laker bites each lap - Blue Moon was hot to start, but Mooselook WB, Speedi SunRise and CI Belly Dancer soon caught up.

Around 11, we went prospecting up around Diamond Island and to be honest - we should have stayed on SB - we landed a few, not the rate we had earlier to the south.

Ran across to NY side and worked south - a lot fewer fish so back to Basin Harbor and SB - landed several more lakers; to 28" and finished with this 18" sliver that put on quite the aerial show.

Two weeks ago I was on Champlain, Last week I was ice fishing - what does the weather hold for our future - not sure, but - I will be FISHING!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Westport - 1/2

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Happy New Year Ed. Glad you were on the water and got some tight lines. Thanks for sharing.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Nice! Now I’m wishing I didn’t close up the house.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the report Ed. Will be headed further south next trip:)
Matt B
DrCaddis
Species: Salmonids

Post by DrCaddis »

Awesome start to 2023. Soooo jealous