Beautiful Dec. 29, Last Surprise Float of 2022

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Beautiful Dec. 29, Last Surprise Float of 2022

Post by Surprise »

I was to meet friend John McClary & Grandson at Arnold Bay at 9 AM. We were going to get Nate out for his first Frostbite float and have him hookup with maybe his first silver.

The morning sunrise was spectacular as I hooked up Surprise in her shed.

At the ramp we splashed and motored over to Barbor with a SSE wind blowing a good 19-20 giving us some 3+ footers going across.

Pulled up into the Lee of Barbor to rig up. Water temp 41.5 degrees
We set a spread of 4 rods, 2 downriggers 35 + 40 down with sliders rigged with Blue moon, Phantom, CI & 2 rainbow speedy shiners.
Set 2- Big jon mini discs out 120ft. 1 fluorescent red Mooselook and another Rainbow Speedy

As we passed the point I had to snap this .........

Don't know if he is Bragging Or Complaining .....Looks to be a collectors item :roll:

John pulled out some Blueberry Scones and I poured a tea.

We stuck our nose around the point and in some nice rollers started fishing. Hooked up and Nate landed his first silver shortly after. It was a 17 and we killed it as his first expertly landed in the waves without any sealegs. Oh it looked like the back end of a Clown Car with John and Nate dancing about shouting in glee. :lol:

Spotted a boat south of us and tried to hail it on 68. I assumed it must have been Chessieman as I got no reply and I don't have his cell#
Yacked with Diggitrol & son up in Wallons as they waited out the blow which dropped enough for them to launch.
The wind picked up about 11 and I had the fellows pull the gear and we headed to Scotch Bonnet and Basin Harbor, Mile Point for calm water and lunch. Today's fare Venison Chili with some gifted venison.

John showing how happy he is:

Well our route for the day continued over to the Palisade and on south to Rock Harbor where we pulled the gear and headed to Arnold at 10 mph
doing a few Destroyer dives into the waves.

Finished the day with Nate landing all the fish hooked :D 7 lakers & 1 salmon.

Great float on a beautiful day. See you all Next Year and I hope to start stringing many days together scouting to find some respectable silvers ....hopefully some that make you Shake ;) WISHING EVERONE A HEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Randy
Fish On!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Beautiful Dec. 29, Last Surprise Float of 2022

Post by Reelax »

Great report Randy. Sounds
Like you covered some serious water. Hope to share water with you guys soon:)
Matt B
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Great report and pics Randy.
Happy New Year, wishing you many tight lines.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

nice job randy,happy new year
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing