Spring like post Christmas forecast December 29 thru January 8th

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Brimstone Troller
Species: Trout/Salmon/Bass

Re: Spring like post Christmas forecast December 29 thru January 8th

Post by Brimstone Troller »

It was a great day to be out. It was nice chatting with you all. We ended up with “10”. We lost 4 in a row right at the boat so we kinda counted those. They were all decent lakers.
We started out heading up to sloop made several passes lost a few. Moved over to Whalon instantly had one on and lost at the boat. Got another on right after. Landed the first first immediately had another on and lost that at the boat.
We spent the rest of the dat there. We got better at getting them in the boat at that point. P. S. I put superglue and duct tape on the hooks to keep the fish from getting off!!!🤣.
We picked up one silver 2lbs11 oz. That was 80ft down. Mooselook bright yellow and orange. Lakers also came on that and stinger brown trout. 26-80 is where most came from.
Attachments
24F1944C-80F3-4CEB-9A41-E2874F6A6B74.jpeg
24F1944C-80F3-4CEB-9A41-E2874F6A6B74.jpeg (191.93 KiB) Viewed 657 times
B0F05CA8-AD3A-43F6-BEA9-C70F107AF01B.jpeg
B0F05CA8-AD3A-43F6-BEA9-C70F107AF01B.jpeg (178.17 KiB) Viewed 657 times
1FC02042-2170-45DC-BC81-3BF985907EF7.jpeg
1FC02042-2170-45DC-BC81-3BF985907EF7.jpeg (196.53 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Brimstone Troller
Species: Trout/Salmon/Bass

Post by Brimstone Troller »

It was a great day to be out. It was nice chatting with you all. We ended up with “10”. We lost 4 in a row right at the boat so we kinda counted those. They were all decent lakers.
We started out heading up to sloop made several passes lost a few. Moved over to Whalon instantly had one on and lost at the boat. Got another on right after. Landed the first first immediately had another on and lost that at the boat.
We spent the rest of the dat there. We got better at getting them in the boat at that point. P. S. I put superglue and duct tape on the hooks to keep the fish from getting off!!!🤣.
We picked up one silver 2lbs11 oz. That was 80ft down. Mooselook bright yellow and orange. Lakers also came on that and stinger brown trout. 26-80 is where most came from.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the report guys, we will be down there in a few hrs to give it a ride.

Fish on!
Matt B
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Jacques - Nice seeing you out there yesterday and good to chat over the radio.

Glad to see persistence (and duct tape/superglue :D ) paid off and you got the salmon too. Good healthy looking fish !
Last edited by Dilly Worm on Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

digitroll (ron) wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:11 pm Met Dilly Worm and Brimstone Troller all the way from NH. With temps peaking up in the 50's it was an amazing day on the water with sun and nice conditions for the 5 boat fleet! Carol and I ended up with two nice salmon and 7-8 LT today. Fish were caught from 20 ft to 40 ft for us. Larger mini Jon disc was good. Best lure was Fat Buzzy.
Ron, nice to meet you in person yesterday. Good job landing a pair of salmon - nothing but lakers for me.

Funny about your best lure - I ran a Fat Buzzy all morning and it got 0 bites over on the VT side. I stubbornly kept it in the water for the whole trip because it has been the best lure for salmon from the end of October right up until yesterday. I guess it still worked over in Whallons !

On the other hand a CI Gold Melon that the kids gave me for Xmas caught 4 of 6 lakers.

Hope the waves didn't give you too much trouble getting the boat out at the end of the day.
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice to see you Dilly! The Fat Buzzy was cold today! LOL

Today's report for the Final day of the year! And third day in a row!

Fish Dawg joined me today at 7:00 am at the Converse ramp and again we had very fishable conditions for the third day in a row over in Whalons! 6 LT and 1 for 2 on the salmon after 5.5 hours of effort. The salmon came off the bigger mini disc by big Jon back 100 ft. Same as yesterday on our bigger fish! Steve had a custom flash king on that turned out to be a nice dinner fish to take home.

Today's video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMr8cZt3Sl0

Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Great way to end the year. Thanks for sharing.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)