Day before the NorEaster! Fishville mayhem!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

Day before the NorEaster! Fishville mayhem!

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Picture perfect day in December to get out yesterday. Everyone knows the day before the big storm the fish start chewing! Regular guest Mike Morin joined me at the ramp at 9 am. Setup at 9:15 and fished till sunset. Randy and his guest shortly after us joined us. We split up and fished two different areas. When the day was over we had over 40 bites! Hard sticking them there are so many 15-16" salmon showing up at Fishville lately. 50/50 mix of lakers and salmon. We lost a few decent fish but that's why we keep trying! LOL .. Randy did very well with his guest as well! Blue Moon was the best lure with 2 Lite Bites and 2 riggers with free sliders running and the riggers parked at 40 and 45 ft. Lite bites 120 ft of line out to run at 40 ft. 7 hours of fishing and 27 miles on the GPS for the day. Randy's boat and mine were the only boats out yesterday.

Today's video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2m24xxxafs

Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Day before the NorEaster! Fishville mayhem!

Post by Reelax »

Sounds like a good time. Good to hear Surprise
Is out on her home waters…

With the storm today, does this mean the end of the season for your boat Ron? Best fishing is yet to come:)

Fish on!
Matt B
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

great job ron,looks like a perfect day out there!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
digitroll (ron)

Thank Matt... Depends on the salt and slush on the roads for maybe one more trip Tuesday might be the best day. I like dry roads and ramp conditions are important too. However,,, The next two Wednesday''s I am getting out on Randy's vessel till freeze out which has been averaging Jan. 10 the last 3-4 years. Short answer possibly one more trip out if conditions are favorable for my boat.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Hey,

I'll Jump aboard Ron's post to list our Fun December fishing day. After talking to Ron the day before about the possibility of fishing Thursday he had Mike Morin as crew on Diggitroll. I had the possibility of my friend Ben Burns to join me if he could get away from his work. We were to meet at Arnold at 9:00AM to decide on a scouting trip where we would fish. Ron and Mike chose south and Ben and I chose the north section. It was a Beautiful day and amounted to a Shake Down for Surprise which hadn't Floated since before the Shootout. Camera battery was not Charged and VHF transmit was garbled in talking to Diggitrol :?: Cell service was in and out...

We set out a spread of 2 Big Jon purple/black mini discs back 120ft with a rainbow & a blue/silver speedy shiners & two riggers down 45 with a Ivan Phantom and a Blue moon. Started with free sliders on both 1- rainbow, 1- blue/silver speedy. Water temp top to 45 ft. 44.6 degrees or so. The action caused us soon to lose the sliders.

Our loop was a short one from 9:45 AM - 2:45 bait and fish on the screen and we had a salmon on right off. We continued our journey eating Kathy's Pumpkin bread with Chocolate chips and walnuts washed with coffee. The pick through the day was at a steady pace to keep things interesting. This was Ben's first venture on the boat. The nice weather and calm seas gave me time to introduce him the gear and boat operation. Ben being a hunter and stream fly fisherman this was all new to him. He had such a good time and it seemed easy that at the end of the day his eyes were glazing asking questions and he was figuring how he to could "Join The Fleet". He is looking to retire soon. I have seen it before and told him that it could be a big Money Pit that his wife might have another idea of Cruising Travel :lol:

Lunch today was Ben's home roasted Turkey Sandwiches and my Tomato Orange Basil soup. Recipe in Forum section.

Off the water at 3:00 PM. Ended 15 for 19 with 1 double salmon, 2 browns and 1 laker. Invited 1- 18 inch salmon home for Kathy's dinner tonite. On cleaning it found 6/ 3/4 " alewifes.

Look to fish again next Wednesday with friends John McClary & Ron weather permitting.

We all enjoyed a beautiful day shared with friends and some fish too. Hopefully the Big ones will come soon to play. 42 Degrees!
Fish On!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Great report Ron and Surprise. Glad to hear the fleet is active and having fun in Fishville.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
digitroll (ron)

Nice report Randy! I kind of like one post for everyone out on the water for that date to add to! Add-on's welcome always! Hope to get out Tuesday if the roads are dry and the ramp and steep approach's aren't slippery and icy. See you Wednesday Randy!
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Ron: I talked to a guy named Matt at Aubuchon in Shelburne the other day. He was telling me the guy that was supposed to help him lay tile that day went fishing instead...haha. Wonder who that was?

Randy:
The nice weather and calm seas gave me time to introduce him the gear and boat operation. Ben being a hunter and stream fly fisherman this was all new to him. He had such a good time and it seemed easy that at the end of the day his eyes were glazing asking questions and he was figuring how he to could "Join The Fleet". He is looking to retire soon. I have seen it before and told him that it could be a big Money Pit that his wife might have another idea of Cruising Travel
It's not just the weather and catching fish. It's all you guys and this community. Nothing quite like it.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
digitroll (ron)

I am not sure but maybe the new guy Speedi here on the forum?