Port Henry - 11/13

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 11/13

Post by ChessieMan »

Solo trip yesterday that started in PH - started about 8AM ran up to Fishville - dropped lines in 80 FoW, starting with Rainbow Speedi and Patty's Day CI, worked center to VT, in and out 80-120FoW - not much showing, did one 15" salmon more by mistake than skill.

Ran up to SB where Scott and I did good last Sunday, but couldn't repeat the success - more fish and bait marked, no hits until I switched to a black/purple MP6 HB - immediately hooked up on a 14" salmon - but then no more.

Crossed the lake and worked down NY side - picked up another 14" silver and a small laker in front of Dudley - then nothing down to FV.

Started looking around and found a pile of bait on SW corner of FV in 100 FoW - had on a purple/black HB and Sunrise Speedi - and then it HAPPENED - boated 5 - 14-16" salmon, 2 more lakers (one 32") and a nice fat brown

- all in 45 minutes - running 2.6-2.7 20-30feet down off riggers - then the wind shifted and the rain got cold - bite seemed to turn off - but I was thrileld with what I'd caught so it was easy decision to pick-up - and it was a very nice ride home.

Weather looks crummy for the next few days - but I will be back!
finsntins
Species: salmon

Re: Port Henry - 11/13

Post by finsntins »

good job cheesieman,nice to see that fat brownie!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Beautiful!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

There is hope yet. Soon as I hang a buck, will be down to visit;)

Great report!!!m
Matt B
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Thanks for the report !

Funny we didn't see each other out there, 2 guys fishing solo in Alumacrafts - I launched at 8:30 at Arnold Bay but motored north and you must have headed south by the time I trolled back down past Scotch Bonnet.

Nice to see a brown come out of Fishville, you've got me excited to head that way next time !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !