Oct 30 Trolling

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Oct 30 Trolling

Post by Dilly Worm »

Both my daughters came fishing Sunday and I'm happy to report everyone caught a salmon along with a few other fish. Light winds, sunny, comfortable temperatures, biting fish, and no loss of fishing gear - doesn't work out that way very often. What a wonderful way to spend the day together !

On the water at Ft Cassin 10 AM, back at 4:40 PM, trolled north and south of the launch and found water temperatures in the low 50's. We ran downriggers, lead-core with inline planer boards, and 1 leadcore line straight off the stern. Most fish came on the riggers, only got 1 on the sterm leadcore line, none on the planers. Lost several fish on the riggers too, mainly when we got distracted by crazy kid antics and didn't notice a release until the fish was already off the hook.
Biggest salmon of the day !
Biggest salmon of the day !
salmon3.jpg (93.59 KiB) Viewed 661 times
Another salmon
Another salmon
salmon2.jpg (104.69 KiB) Viewed 661 times
and another
and another
salmon1.jpg (87.7 KiB) Viewed 661 times
Bass on a downrigger !
Bass on a downrigger !
SMB.jpg (81.12 KiB) Viewed 661 times
caught on same downrigger, lure, and depth as that bass.  Almost the same spot too.
caught on same downrigger, lure, and depth as that bass. Almost the same spot too.
togue2.jpg (99.75 KiB) Viewed 661 times
last fish of the day
last fish of the day
togue1.jpg (87.77 KiB) Viewed 661 times
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Re: Oct 30 Trolling

Post by Detritus »

Nice report. You must not have too many trips with both girls out on the books? We've fished with you and the big one a ton of times, but, not the little one.

Glad you found some silver out there. I wonder what Mom was doing with the house to herself all afternoon. I'd like to give my wife that chance, but, the cockpit of the Country Angler would be pretty crowded with 7 people in it...

I should do it sometime anyway, just to be funny.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack