Westport - 10/26

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Westport - 10/26

Post by ChessieMan »

Scott and I started our 2022 Frost Bite launching out of Westport yesterday.

The morning was unbelievably warm, a bit overcast with a slight southerly and it only got better as the day went on. Loaded, launched and made it out about 60 yards before turning around and going back to the dock with no water pumping - a quick diagnostic revealed a mud wasp nest plugging the "pisser" this was quickly cleared and we were again off onto the lake.

Headed north and dropped lines just south of Thompson's - we had a 22" laker and 14" silver shaker within 30 minutes and smiles were spread around the Money Pit.

Worked the 120-180 break north to Gardineer's for a few hours and had a slow pick - lot's of fish suspended and on the bottom, just hard to get them biting. Crossed over to Whalon's, marked fewer fish and lost a good size silver on it's first leap.

Ended the day with 6 lakers to 30" and 4 salmon - all 13-14" chunkies. I'll be back up either Sat or Sun

No real hot lure - purple/black MP6 HB and CI Gold Bomb Pop had multiples, fishing 20-35 down @ 2.8-3.0 -
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Westport - 10/26

Post by Reelax »

Great report Ed, and glad to hear you made it back up on the pond. Sounds like you had some good results and the jumper musta got your blood pumping. I’ve got Dreamcatcher and Lightandvariable lined up for a Saturday scouting trip down that way… maybe we will see ya troll by:)

Thanks for Sharing…

Fish on!
Matt B
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

Looking like cpmaple will be launching Saturday morning for a trip out. Gonna fish south see if anything is around barber, Coles, or fishville might even go a little north depending on fish. Be my first trip out since the lci. Cresrliner hardtop is ready to put fish in the boat. Will be on 68 while on the water. Cpmaple
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Howd you do?