The Lake won't be the same.. Godspeed

Share info on fishing Champlain.
TUnamas

The Lake won't be the same.. Godspeed

Post by TUnamas »

The Shoot Out will be somber for me. Thanks for everything over the past many years, Admiral.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Re: The Lake won't be the same.. Godspeed

Post by Surprise »

Hey all,

The loss of Judd is numbing to us all and most of all to the Swenor family who also just lost Judd's son Mike two weeks ago this September 30th.

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/obi ... /bfp039904

Words alone cannot express the sorrow we have for such a compounded loss. There is a big hole in this world from the passing of such kind and generous people.

Randy & Kathy Colomb - The Frostbite Fleet
Last edited by Surprise on Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fish On!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

My thoughts and my heart go out to the Swenor family and Super-Cab's close friends.
My most sincere condolences.
Rest easy Admiral and catch the best ones and the biggest ones. You'll be missed.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Heavy sigh….
Todd
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I was solo 2 years ago in December and after launching my boat the ramp was pretty packed with 3-4" of snow and ice underneath. I could barely pull my trailer out. So I regrouped and put the boat back on without going out solo to see if I could retrieve it. No go! Just spun and slide back into the water. It was 2:00 pm in the afternoon on a weekday with no one in sight at the launch or parking lot. I called Judd to see if he could yank me out. He came right over with a long rope. Hooked on to the front of my GMC Sierra 1500 with boat and trailer in tow halfway up the hill with his Super Duty. At one point it seemed he was starting to go sideways but he pulled me out enough for me to get traction on a few bare spots above the ramp. Success! This 86 year old man came to the rescue! I am forever grateful to Judd! I did have the chance to take him fishing back in the early days on my Sea Nymph in 2010 / 12. We will miss you Judd! Sorry for your losses Reggie in two weeks. Judd lived a full life up to 88.

Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Rest In Peace Judd, we will all miss you. Sorry for your loss Reggie, thinking of you during this difficult time.

Matt
Matt B
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Just got the news about Super Cab passing away. I am very sad. He was such a great and generous person.
My thoughts and prayers go the Swenor family.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
fishfarmer
Species: Piscies

Post by fishfarmer »

Very sad indeed, he helped me a couple of times at the Converse Launch over the years.

Al
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

We will all miss Jud terribly. This time of year especially. So sorry for your loss, Reg.
Frostbite Shootout 2021

Bill
"POINTER"
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Saturday we did 20 fish. My personal highlight was midmorning on VHF 68: "Instigator? Instigator? Serenity..?" And the come back: " Serenity, Long Time. How are you, youngster?" I was so happy that Reggie was back on the water, and I'm sure he did well!