Frostbite Shootout 2022 [CANCELLED]

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
klac2022
Species: Salmon

Re: Frostbite Shootout 2022

Post by klac2022 »

Hello all…..me an my buddy are coming up for the shootout and have a couple questions we hope the group could help us out with?
I know weigh in is at the yacht club…..so do you tie up or land boats there or trailer over from the original launch?
I see that some people bring food…..is that still on?
Super excited to fish with the group !
THX
Ken
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Point bay let’s us tie up to dock
Slips for the day… come to weighin by boat only as they need parking area to move boats around.

Hopefully everyone will bring an item for the BBQ. That way there is a great variety and enough for all.. many have traditional things they bring every year like Randy’s Jamaican jerked chicken..I usually bring 7 layer dip and nacho chips as it stores easily and is required by Mike Demers each year:)

Welcome aboard and looking forward to meeting you guys..

Fish on!!
Matt B
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Welcome to Everyone and especially any new Captains and Teams.

A menu/details update:

Indeed, I am making Caribbean Jerk Chicken thighs. Kathy is making Baked Beans and her Award winning Chocolate Chip Squares.

Thanks again to Point Bay:
We will be again in the walk area just at the head of the Dock ramp. Reminder: The facility is Chuck packed full of boats. There is NO available parking except in front of your boat on it's cradle. Come by water only.

We are going to set up the serving table as last year. 32 feet of table, Two 16 ft ladders on sawhorses with 2 ft wide plywood tops.

We have Plates, bowls, plastic dinner ware, 16 oz Solo Cups, Napkins. There is No Electric power service. The bathrooms are closed but Point Bay provided a Porta Pot and it's in the lower Yard.

Things you should bring: Food, Your gas grill, serving dish and serving ware, Your favorite beverage. Please take your leftovers and serving ware.

Al & I may again wear Hawaiian Shirts by the looks of the weather.

Look to have fun and meet the Fleet. Please say Hi!

STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES,

Randy
Fish On!
DrCaddis
Species: Salmonids

Post by DrCaddis »

Well, looking forward to this weekends frostbite ( sunburn) derby. I have fished the derby time before but never really entered it. This year I’m gonna try. I usually fish in willsboro bay because it’s safe from the winds but hopefully I can go out of Westport this time and will be able to cross the big water to the bbq marina weigh-in site. It’s a long way from the poconos for me to LC but weather looks certainly better than gas prices.🥲 I have never launched out of Westport so any info would be nice. I realize it’s the derby but it’s water I have never fished so a little help would be nice. Thanks. My vessel is a red/black 17’ star weld. Hope to touch base on 68. Thanks again from drcaddis ( you can tell I’m a fly fisher also by my name)
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Are you driving up the morning of the tournament? Or staying somewhere the night before? I can recommend a ramp on the Vermont side, with a few instructions. I'll send you my number in a pm an you can text me if you want.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

DrCaddis wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:12 pm Well, looking forward to this weekends frostbite ( sunburn) derby. I have fished the derby time before but never really entered it. This year I’m gonna try. I usually fish in willsboro bay because it’s safe from the winds but hopefully I can go out of Westport this time and will be able to cross the big water to the bbq marina weigh-in site. It’s a long way from the poconos for me to LC but weather looks certainly better than gas prices.🥲 I have never launched out of Westport so any info would be nice. I realize it’s the derby but it’s water I have never fished so a little help would be nice. Thanks. My vessel is a red/black 17’ star weld. Hope to touch base on 68. Thanks again from drcaddis ( you can tell I’m a fly fisher also by my name)
DrCaddis, Welcome to the Fleet. I look forward to meeting you at the Festivities. There are several fly anglers in the fleet, and I'm one. Sounds like you fish the NY side! Willsboro is usually good for me late season, but it's a pretty good run from Charlotte. I'll be looking for you!
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Part of the fleet is staying at this Motel in Westport:

https://lakechamplainunited.com/forums/ ... hp?t=28576

Try this motel. It is right close to the ramp and I have heard numbers of the fishing crowd use it. I guess real nice folks.

https://www.westportlakesidemotel.com/

See you on the pond & maybe the Podium👍

Randy
Fish On!
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

Westport motel is spitting distance from the ramp,however they pulled the docks two days ago and launching is a real pain!!!!make sure you bring hip waders otherwise you will be getting wet launching
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Hi folks, longtime no see for most of you guys. Sorry not to make it again this year. I just don't have it in me like I used to. Plus we are selling a house from my Mother in law's estate. Really busy with that. I just want to wish everyone the best of luck, and want everyone know that this always was my favorite week of the year. I always took the week off and fished 5 different ramps solo for the week. Favorite thing to do was post live pictures while everyone was working!

I miss my buddy Fishy One, it was always enjoyable having him aboard. A 12 inch salmon was as much fun for him as a 5 pounder.

Looks like great weather and have fun everyone!
Tight lines, Jeff
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

Getting pretty excited! Maybe this year will be the one I catch a salmon to weigh in.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

The time is at hand for all anglers dreams of fame and glory can come true if the stars are aligned. Let’s go fishing and good luck to all.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

Looking to be a windy day 10-20 out of the south. Gonna be a rough ride up in the air to fish or hunt. Want to fish but just hate battling the wind all day
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

Just got “wind” that the shootout may be cancelled due to big winds on Saturday and Sunday.