Season update...?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TUnamas

Season update...?

Post by TUnamas »

Just curious how we are doing.. I've now had 5 days on the lake chasing salmon and it's been slower than expected. The water is still cold, but the normal shallow water bite hasn't happened. Spoons seem to be doing better than sticks. I've spent more time on the Inland Sea than usual, and I keep hearing that people are catching unicorns, but our catch rate is low. Whallens and Town Farm Bay are my home waters, but it remains slow. Chalk it up to cold water and hopeful, or is this a really unusual year?
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Re: Season update...?

Post by Crayfish »

It's been a very slow year for me, mainly because I've only been out twice so far! The weather sucks and when we finally had a decent weekend I was out of town. In those 2 trips I landed a whopping 2 salmon in the 'sea. Better days are coming!
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I have logged 6 trips (27.25 hrs) with many different guests so far in April. 8 for 12 on salmon since I have been tracking fin clips and data for the USFW in a spreadsheet. Fish have been between 15-18.5". LV / RV clips and a few with no clips. Water has been cold this month and slow to warm up. Should improve in May.
bigfish
Species: salmon

Post by bigfish »

I did that 25 years ago. Filled countless angler diaries
I don’t believe the data truly does much , as we’ve seen the salmon decline in Champlain.
It just gives someone a job