Hitting the bay Sunday 4/10

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Hitting the bay Sunday 4/10

Post by cpmaple »

Cpmaple will be in the bay on Sunday channel 68 with a crew of 4. My son in law,his father an his brother first trip out for the yr an a first trip salmon fishing for them. But I have one question running big boards do I set the farthest out line longer than the one closer to the boat? I've search for a few hrs an found very little info.ive ran boards in the pass with no luck. Please help thanks in advance cpmaple
Nysrx01
Species: Trout

Re: Hitting the bay Sunday 4/10

Post by Nysrx01 »

Yes
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Longer lines go on the outside. Shorten them as you get closer to the boat.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Thanks for the reply's give it a shot tomorrow
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

cpmaple wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:02 am Cpmaple will be in the bay on Sunday channel 68 with a crew of 4. My son in law,his father an his brother first trip out for the yr an a first trip salmon fishing for them. But I have one question running big boards do I set the farthest out line longer than the one closer to the boat? I've search for a few hrs an found very little info.ive ran boards in the pass with no luck. Please help thanks in advance cpmaple
I typically run all lines equal and around 120ft back. This way you can rotate them when the Outter one fires and just let the inside side ones slide out and place the fired rod in the inside. I have run up to 3 lines in a side this way it is works good. Yesterday morning the planer boards sets with 120 of line and spoons were working on salmon…. Better than sticks for some reason…

Good luck!
Matt B
stubborn1vt
Species: panfish

Post by stubborn1vt »

So how did you do?
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Not go problem with main motor thought is was a oil leak turns out coil cracked an let the oil out dripping on motor did make one pass an got one pickerel. Water temp surface 43.7 an 13ft down 43.5
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Like Matt said, I run all of the board lines the same length so they can be rotated without having to bring everything in. They are already naturally staggered some due to the blowback of the planer board.

Sorry to hear about the motor problems. Hopefully you'll be able to give it another shot soon.
Scalloper
Species: Salmon/Bluefin Tuna

Post by Scalloper »

Crayfish wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:56 am Like Matt said, I run all of the board lines the same length so they can be rotated without having to bring everything in. They are already naturally staggered some due to the blowback of the planer board.

Sorry to hear about the motor problems. Hopefully you'll be able to give it another shot soon.
I do the same and have for 25 years. This works well.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Hoping to be back out Sunday morning got the coil an pickup replaced. Now waiting on impeller for lower unit which will be here today. All goes well I will be on the lake would Saturday but headed to st Albans for maple weekend. Tight lines an be safe on the lake cpmaple
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Side lined since my first trip out due to motor issue. Replaced many parts still no luck. Taking the boat to my boat mechanic on Friday see what he can find. Was hoping to make a trip before May since I start a month long shutdown at work not looking like I will be. But come June I should be good to go. Gonna go through boat when he has it to make sure it's ready tight lines an fish on.