Bulwagga Bay

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Heartbeat
Species: Salmon

Bulwagga Bay

Post by Heartbeat »

I just got a report from a friend of mine.
As of Friday Bulwagga bay is open.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Re: Bulwagga Bay

Post by cpmaple »

I went by Friday around 5pm still was ice over 90% of it an the main lake still was ice to the narrows (diamond island). But maybe it blow out after I went by
Heartbeat

Post by Heartbeat »

Interesting. The guy lives in port Henry and works in vt.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Heartbeat wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:16 pm Interesting. The guy lives in port Henry and works in vt.
The only thing open was Infront of Vic's brook an the point you could still see the race track they plowed back in February in the upper corner by Mackenzie brook.
Heartbeat

Post by Heartbeat »

Thanks for the report. I had bad information. There is a big difference between ice and open water lol.
Heartbeat

Post by Heartbeat »

I went for a ride to port Henry at noon time today.
Port Henry launch is ice free.
Bulwagga is open I saw one chunk of ice at the mouth of the bay. Heading over in the morning.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

My boat is still covered an winterized if it was gonna stay above freezing I would get it out also get get it down !y driveway yet way to muddy have 3ft ruts in it
Heartbeat

Post by Heartbeat »

I fished Bulwagga this morning. There was one other boat out there when I got there. Set the boards out with stick bait, one copper and a leadcore. Yo-zuri, and challengers most is the time. One release and nobody home.
Water temperature was 37.8 when I left. I stayed in the bay.
Heartbeat

Post by Heartbeat »

4/23 I arrived at port Henry launch Saturday morning at daylight to see the docks are in. I headed south on the west side of the bay. The water was 48 degrees and the wind was blowing pretty good.
Put the boards out with stick bait, one lead core and a copper off the back and two Downrigger out with spoons. We didn’t go very far and one of the boards fired a 16 inch salmon. Yo- zuri pin color was baby bass. We picked up two more salmon before we turned back north. We were 8 for 9 salmon. The biggest was 5 3/4 lbs. the yo-zuri pin was the hot lure with five of the salmon. About 8:30 the boat traffic picked up and things slowed down.