Fishy 1

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Fishy 1

Post by TruViking »

Hello Sir,
I read your response to Detritus in the Port Henry thread. Man, You have been through a lot. I would be remiss if I didn't offer a few thoughts that came to mind.
I hope you are thinking, right now, of the One's that only YOU could never let get Away! :) Stay Strong. You have made such a Big Impression on me, and I feel Certain that I speak for everyone in saying, You've inspired us and taught Us. I am speaking about Lessons that go well beyond the realm of the Lake and Rod n' Reel. Even through an Online Forum, your Personality, Kindness and Smile shine like a Beacon! You have made a difference for so many and we all cannot wait to see what you'll have to say next! Take Solace in knowing that you have been such an inspiration. It is People like you that help us all realize what it is to be Human. I appreciate you, for your infinite Wisdom, fishing stories and knowledge and the undeniable happiness that you promote and emanate for us on the Forum and surely, everyone who are fortunate to know you. Stay Strong Sir. My Son and I are keeping you close to our Hearts. Thanks for being Fishy 1.
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Re: Fishy 1

Post by tmcaul »

I want to echo what TruViking said...

Matt, a few years back we shared some messages about getting together to fish for walleye on Otter Creek. You told me to get some moon-eye jigs and I did so. But our meetup never happened. Later I bought a boat and thought again we'd fish together on Lake Champlain, but health events intervened for both of us. So let me just say...your embrace of so many kinds of fishing, almost all without a boat, and your success (and failures) in doing so, have provided provide inspirational reading for me. I love your reports of catching a mess of perch or bull pout and enjoying a meal or two or three from your catch. It kind of takes me back to another era. A good era. To the time when I was young and was thrilled to catch any fish. You have made me aware of so much...casting for lakers from shore, catching big brookies in Adirondack ponds, big cats on your catfish rod, bagging an occasional pheasant over near Essex,...The list goes on and on.

So thank you so much for your many, many reports. And for sharing with us your granddaughter's introduction to a sport you love. I hope that, seemingly against all odds, your health takes a turn for the better.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

Matt...thinking of you often. Can’t thank you enough for all your info about catching panfish on Champlain. When it comes to fishing, you are in a class by yourself. And, a wonderful father/grandfather.
Bulldogbish
Species: Salmon, Lakers

Post by Bulldogbish »

You don't know me but I have enjoyed following your adventures. I think you have A LOT of fans out there like myself. As I get older, my regrets are mostly about not spending enough time with loved ones and specifically not having close relationships with my grandparents. My Mom always wishes she had more money to make our lives easier and I constantly remind her that all I ever want is her time and her to have a strong relationship with my children. Your relationship with your grandchildren is a great reminder of what really matters and someday they will realize how amazing it was and how it shaped them into good people. You are a legend! Best wished and good fishing to you!
Mike
the_doctor
Species: Whatever's biting

Post by the_doctor »

Fishy, what more can I say? You are the man! An all-time legend. Thinking of you, keep your head up!
-Tim
Honest John
Species: All interested parties

Post by Honest John »

Fishy, I am not an active poster here, but have followed your fishing adventures for years now. You have inspired so many people to get out there and experience what we all love so much. Not only that but to share it with others and spread the gift that is angling. It has been such a pleasure to read your reports over the years. I have learned a lot of valuable information and enjoyed every minute reading your threads on shore fishing for lakers, cats and bowfin in the bay, salmon and browns in the river, walleye on the Vermont side of the lake, brookies in the mountain lakes/ponds, and so many more. This place sure won't be the same without your presence. I hope we as a community can carry on your legacy of spreading the joy of fishing to as many future anglers as possible. Thank you so very much for all that you have done for the sport that connects us all! ~ John
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I was fortunate enough to have Matt on my boat a few times 3 years ago before his declining health. His joy of fishing inspires all of us and is a joy to fish with! I did get a chance to visit Matt 1.5 years ago when he was over in E-Town recovering at a health center. Again another memory made with this wonderful person. I like the fishing tales with his granddaughter are the best!

Matt is a fighter! To be continued.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

digitroll (ron) wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:26 am I was fortunate enough to have Matt on my boat a few times 3 years ago before his declining health. His joy of fishing inspires all of us and is a joy to fish with! I did get a chance to visit Matt 1.5 years ago when he was over in E-Town recovering at a health center. Again another memory made with this wonderful person. I like the fishing tales with his granddaughter are the best!

Matt is a fighter! To be continued.
thank you ron for your kind words. would like everyone to know that i was invited to your last man cave event and it was a great time and lots of great food. this is where it all started on lcu now its beyond that. just to let you know and everyone else on here im continueing to do what im doing only a little different path im taking hoping you all enjoy it. ron is coming down in the morning to visit and going to give me some tips on using a go pro. i just bought one. i will update my plans when my vision is better.
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

The Fishy1! An Unstoppable Force!
So nice to see you post!
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Had a great visit yesterday with Matty and his wife Donna! We unboxed his new Go Pro camera and set it up so he can start doing some video work. Keep up the good fight Matty! :) Matty hopes to visit us at the BBQ after the Shoot-Out Saturday!

raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Sadly...we have lost a legend. Rest In Peace Matt/Fishy1....and keep on fishing wherever you are.
May you know no more pain.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
bootstrap
Species: walleye & perch

Post by bootstrap »

Like many I met Matt through online fishing forums and social media. what brought us together was a post i wrote about watching people jump in the icy water near the CP bridge on the Ny side while i was ice fishing. I wrote that that must be how they take a bath on that side of the lake! Matt commented "there are a lot of good people on both sides of the lake". And he was right. that is what started us messaging almost everyday about fishing and life. when spring came we decided to meet up. Like matt i was happy fishing from shore and didnt care what was biting as long as i was fishin. time stood still when we were together. he shared a passion and love for the sport that brought me back to how i was when i was a kid that has since grown. we learned we both shared a passion for walleye fishing, from shore in otter creek and that became our main focus. he had his way and i had mine (i hate bait) but together it worked, we had a blast. I even met and fished with his family and friends that were so many i had a hard time keeping track of them all. We had such a great time. I cant ever remember a bad time even when the fish weren't biting. Heeeere fishy fishy! he'd say which brought everyone around a chuckle and report on how the day was going. it was always good. Good to be out, good to be together. I will miss Fish1 terribly but the example and experiences he has left us has made me a better person. I am proud to have known you as well as I did. If any of you see me out there by the water give me a shout. if you see me and want to share one of your fishy stories please do so. Fishy1 lives in so many of us.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

We will remember him fondly. A generous and kind man in all his actions. Matt always carried a positive and happy attitude. A friend to all without judgement.

Fishing was just another way of expressing his generosity.

We need more people like him in this world today.

Remember now Matt:

No Season, Size or Limit ...... FISH ON! :)

Randy
Fish On!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

There is still a fund raiser going on to help with expenses. Now would be a great time to donate to help his family. Please consider:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/atz3n-help-w ... QaCThvcjYw
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

God Speed Matt. Trust that the legacy you've left behind is sound. May you have no more pain.