California angler visiting Champlain July 20

A place where folks with boats can pick up others and a place where folks without boats can make it known that they'd like to go out on a boat when there is room!
Cal Delta Angler
Species: Bass

California angler visiting Champlain July 20

Post by Cal Delta Angler »

Hi there, I'll be visiting Lake Champlain and would like to fish near Burlington, VT on July 20. I called a couple of charters and they would only rent the whole boat. I'll be fishing alone and $400-$600 was too rich for my blood. I'm looking to spend a few hours on the water and am willing to pay for a seat on a boat with someone who knows how to catch smallmouth, or any other species. I would also be happy to trade for a day on my boat in the California Delta fishing for striper or bass.

Thanks!

Tim
TUnamas

Re: California angler visiting Champlain July 20

Post by TUnamas »

Tim - Do you know Dan Blanton or David Korb? I grew up fishing SF BAy and the Delta for stripers on fly, and my family is still there so I get back on occasion. Here, I fish coldwater fishing salmon and lakers in the lake, and fly fishing the rivers and creeks. I'm not the bass angler you are looking for. But there may be opportunities...
Cal Delta Angler
Species: Bass

Post by Cal Delta Angler »

Thanks for the response! I don't know Dan or David. I would love to fish for salmon or lake trout if you're available and I'd be happy to take you out on the Delta when you're in town. My first inclination was to target smallmouth due to the publicity that Champlain gets from the bass publications but I love fishing for salmon and I've always wanted to catch a big lake trout.
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Landlocked salmon are a different fish altogether from the chinook you catch in CA. I'm not a bass guy, but if you are seeking bass, there are several names that might help. Lakers in late July shouldn't be tough. I don't get back to CA too often (though my parents and my brother are still in the Bay Area.) My brother runs a Grady out of Half Moon Bay, and we were just back several weeks ago for my daughter's graduation in Monterey. I grew up on that coast, surfing and fishing, and I miss it! As I started fly fishing, I hit the Bay and the Delta hard. Stay in touch. My family is coming to visit late July, but I suspect that we can find time to get you out!