North of the Border

Share info and fishing reports from waters other than Lake Champlain.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

North of the Border

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Finally, after a long wait, yesterday I had a chance to put a fishing rod in the water.
Walleye fishing opened Friday and a close friend invited me for a few hours of fishing on Lake St-Louis.
Beautiful afternoon on the water, mostly calm winds, warm weather, and only a few boats on the water.
We trolled most of the time, but the walleyes did not get the memo. I still hooked 2 bass, one ended aboard to baptize his new-to-him boat.
Fun peaceful day and hopefully the beginning of a beautiful fishing season North of the Border.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Re: North of the Border

Post by Dilly Worm »

Nice to see another North-of-the-Border report, I liked reading these reports last year and it makes me want to head north and try fishing up there when the border re-opens.
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: North of the Border

Post by raz »

Keep after em! I've fished up there with Ludo and Andre a couple of times and it's always a good time! A very fun fishery for sure....especially watching the Sturgeon jumping and rolling on the surface while jigging for walleye!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry