Rainy Monday Monsters

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Rainy Monday Monsters

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Woke up every couple of hours to check the wind and waves and decided to start later hoping the lake would calm down when the wind switched directions at noon, also the massive full moon never helps an early morning bite for us.
Launched at converse and had rods down at 10:06, trolled over to the NY side checking the normal hot spots as we went, no bait and very little marks on the Vermont side, it wasn’t surprising with no north wind lately.
72 and 65 down with 80 and 60 ft leads off the balls, cheater four feet above the balls. Lots of action today
04D3A82B-EFC9-41E0-A3D7-EBC23D3ECAA0.jpeg
04D3A82B-EFC9-41E0-A3D7-EBC23D3ECAA0.jpeg (109.4 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
Molly’s personal best salmon cam 69 feet down on the main line with a sausage Gravy Milkshake. It made 5 incredible leaps an got in the downrigger cable before we were able to net it.
90E6F3AC-C06A-4BD7-AD60-7E542437D06C.jpeg
90E6F3AC-C06A-4BD7-AD60-7E542437D06C.jpeg (82.94 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
The next notable fish was this 5lb 14oz that came 70 down on the main line with a sausage gravy milkshake.
7DD3271B-7957-41CD-832D-9026E87B6309.jpeg
7DD3271B-7957-41CD-832D-9026E87B6309.jpeg (78.07 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
This 6lb 5oz salmon came within minutes of the last big one
Also down 70 feet on a sausage gravy milkshake.
We had two set of doubles with some nice 17”- 19” salmon.
C705AFF6-BBF0-4DD0-9A47-749F6EC8C342.jpeg
C705AFF6-BBF0-4DD0-9A47-749F6EC8C342.jpeg (90.23 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
E942B933-2F22-4998-A453-97F44C9CA31A.jpeg
E942B933-2F22-4998-A453-97F44C9CA31A.jpeg (120.14 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
We caught a few on Blue Moons and Fat Ivan’s also. Lakers were not to bad but they were in the mix.
All the salmon and lakers were released to fight another day. There was no wind and very little waves, but boy did it rain, were were soaked through our gear by 2pm picked up by 230 and back on the trailer by 3. Not bad for 4 hours of fishing.
My best and favorite day to fish is December 3rd..... I can’t wait to see what that brings.
Todd
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Re: Rainy Monday Monsters

Post by ReelInvestment »

Yeah, I think I made up my mind. Rifle is headed back to the gun safe and the boat is coming back out! Awesome report and some wicked nice fish, way to battle the elements. Hope to see you out there one of these days!
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Ummm.
Is anyone else craving for a Milkshake????!!!!

Great looking Fish!

I'm Not sure if I have that exact Lure. I think it was Detritus(sorry if I am wrong)mention that the second he opens them from the package, he forgets the names! I am in the same boat. I'll be stopping by Ace Hardware tomorrow to clear out the rack! Lol.

Really a great report and thanks for all of the details. Extremely helpful info. Oh and Congratulations on the Personal Best to Molly!
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Todd:

Those three fish caught on the same day in approximately the same place would seem to indicate that there are more like them and that they did a great job of avoiding anglers all year. Some hard thinking required before next years spring, summer and fall fishing. The salmon have obviously picked up some new traits???

By the way, fantastic job!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Fantastic results Todd and Molly! That Brecknell Electro-Sampson Shoot-Out scale and Berkley fish bag certainly got a work out yesterday and releasing for others to catch again was wonderful! Epic day! I just ordered my Berkley Fish Bag last night from Bass Pro. LOL

Fishinpole
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by Fishinpole »

What a great day. I would not think the fish would be that deep this time of year. Thanks for the report.
riddlervt
Species: Fins and Scales

Post by riddlervt »

Nice pics! Great story too! Every once in a while it all lines up. That is what keeps us coming back for more. You paid your dues and it pays back.
Thanks for sharing
RIddler
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

The smile on Molly’s face says it all....

Thanks for sharing Todd. Looking like we should have bagged the forecast and launched next to you after all...

Great looking fish and nice work getting the silvers to play!!!

Frostbiters are blessed with bonus info, by earning it fishing cold conditions... gotta love it.
Matt B
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

YEA!! Molly

Great to hear your report and see both smiling faces knowing that the fish are there somewhere between the shores and will play when ready.

As we all know the Lamprey program success is one of the reasons that these fish including lakers are able to grow. We as fishermen need to figure out where the Groceries are. Those beautiful fish are not on diets and will stay on those groceries to stay healthy.

Carl and I took a 15 inch salmon and 12 inch laker the other day at 100 ft on top of bait. Years ago when we fished flys in top it is hard to imagine fishing this deep at this time of year.

Todd as the lake creeps to our magic 42 degrees we will have to locate the age groups available. Look to get out sometime next week....see you soon.
Fish On!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Who else besides Todd (and Molly) can take a late start and catch such beautiful specimens in pouring rain within a few hours.
On this forum there is a lot of "mediocre to average" fishermen, and some are "talented and experienced", but only a very few are "exceptional".
Todd, I believe you are on top of the list.
Congrats Molly on your PB.
These are memorable pics, with smiling faces that say it all.
Releasing those fish is a great gesture.
Thanks for your post, we all love to see the lake is still a great fishery, all we need to do is work hard to find them.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Gecha (Gerry) wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:23 am Who else besides Todd (and Molly) can take a late start and catch such beautiful specimens in pouring rain within a few hours.
On this forum there is a lot of "mediocre to average" fishermen, and some are "talented and experienced", but only a very few are "exceptional".
Todd, I believe you are on top of the list.
Congrats Molly on your PB.
These are memorable pics, with smiling faces that say it all.
Releasing those fish is a great gesture.
Thanks for your post, we all love to see the lake is still a great fishery, all we need to do is work hard to find them.
Don't forget those of us who hope to be mediocre some day...
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
pfu
Species: Cold and warm species

Post by pfu »

What a report! Keep on fishing and showing pictures.

I can’t wait for Dec 21 as days start getting longer and the sooner I can get the DebbaDoo back in the water.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

todd and molly you did it again keep attacking. love the pics and the report keeps me in the loop. keep the reports coming i love it.
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

congrats to crazy ivan and crew for boating some beautiful fish!!!!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

I am in awe. That is truly exceptional fishing. Nice fish! Congrats on the PB-- that is gigantic!