SPRING time

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
chevy5099
Species: bass

SPRING time

Post by chevy5099 »

I am going to fish the northern part of lake champlain NY in May and I like to know is the beging or the end of the month is best for SM and LM bass ?
Thanks for any help guys.
Matt
Species: Any

Re: SPRING time

Post by Matt »

Well I know may is a hot month for river smallies since they come up to spawn but not sure about the lake fishing.
tuckhunts87
Species: salmon, lakers, bass, pike

Post by tuckhunts87 »

i usually do pretty well starting right in the middle of the month working rocky shore lines and or rock piles with crank baits for smallies and if u can find some nice bedding areas for the green backs try fishing out beyond the badding area when they are staging.... dnt know if staging is the right word but u get the idea.
Sleeman1
Species: Bass

Post by Sleeman1 »

I have been going to the Northern end of Champlain for the last six years and without a doubt early May is best,we are usually there the first or second weekend.If you catch it right 100+ fish days are possible both largemouth and smallmouth. Water temps are key with 55 degrees and up being the best. Also you can get the odd big pike and even a few Salmon on jerkbaits.

Ron
chevy5099

Post by chevy5099 »

Sleeman1 wrote:I have been going to the Northern end of Champlain for the last six years and without a doubt early May is best,we are usually there the first or second weekend.If you catch it right 100+ fish days are possible both largemouth and smallmouth. Water temps are key with 55 degrees and up being the best. Also you can get the odd big pike and even a few Salmon on jerkbaits.

Ron
Ron
Thanks. we are going there on May 10th for couple days. My buddy setup the cabins on Dunes state park and macomb bay. I know you know those cabin I would say.
We have a map of the bottoms and I see there are some nice rock piles on the map. But I would say the better places of rock piles are not on the map right ? ..LOL But they should be shallow at that point.
Maybe use some of my new floating crawfish beavers I got from a place online. I can't wait to try them on a jig head.
Sleeman1
Species: Bass

Post by Sleeman1 »

Chevy, we will see you there, we are there same weekend the 9th - 13th.Based on your description we are likely at the same place as well. Jerkbaits, cranks and Tubes have always worked well for us particularly on the reefs and off rocky points.

Ron
chevy5099

Post by chevy5099 »

Going to PM you Ron.