shore fishing for lakers

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
ATLSALMON
Species: Saltwater & trout & salmon

Re: shore fishing for lakers

Post by ATLSALMON »

Matt you sure got a family that loves you get well soon the fish will wait for you
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Matt:

Getcha said it very well! You are an inspiration to all of us. Your granddaughters are exceptional and that makes you one of the richest men I know.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Bearcat wrote:Matt, I hope those injections fix you up fast so you can keep right on fishing. I'll be in Westport a lot this season, stop by anytime, second house (red) south of the boat ramp.
okay i know where that house is.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

tamiron wrote:Matt:

Getcha said it very well! You are an inspiration to all of us. Your granddaughters are exceptional and that makes you one of the richest men I know.
thanks i am blessed and also have the greatest freinds right here on the forum.
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

fishy1 wrote: thanks i am blessed and also have the greatest freinds right here on the forum.
Probably a lot more than you realize!
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

fishy1 wrote:5/31/2020 latest update i had a stressfull week at the cancer center running multiple scans and a mri. they found my cancer on my spine has gotton worse and the chemo pills arnt working so they will start bone injections this week. and will be more added june 5th. i guess i need to take it easy till then but still going to try and fish. on a bright note when i came home emily and gracie met me at the door to hug me a great inspiration with emily saying papa your never going to leave us again not even to florida. then saturday morning i went to lowes too buy some veggie and flower plants came home and the girls met on the deck all smiles saying papa were going fishing in daddys boat i said great have fun when both gave me hugs and gracie who is 3 years old and emily who is 4 years old look up at me and gracie says papa my ist day as fishy3 and emily says my ist day as fishy4 i was startled. i asked my wife and daughter in law if they told them to say that they said no. wow. now we have a fishy1 family alayna fishy2 gracie fishy3 and emily fishy4 . made my day
Because you have shared your Illness with us, I want to post this especially for you and for others that maybe facing significant metastasis, https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 00273/full
Please check all info on trials involving stem cells and advanced therapies. Break throughs are happening every day and just maybe the answer is out there if we keep looking and asking questions./ jim
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

6/2/2020 headed north this morning for some shore fishing for lakers with a friend who wanted to learn how to cast for lakers from shore his ist time and his name is bill. started fishing about 8:45 am and my 3rd cast fish on and a battle yipee where i was not a good spot so eric just came down and net it for me so i can safely release it but there was no releasing as the sure set hooks were right in the gills. there was a guy where we usually fish and he left so bill and i went over there where it was flat. i kept showing bill different methods as i was having lots of follows and hits. stopped fishing for while to try and watch bill closely as he was having a tough time he said this isnt like fishing for bass i said no bill it isnt bass will hit anything lakers mostly feed just on smelt and alewifes and can be finicky at times thats why the different methods. went back fishing and 4th cast fish on and a good one what a fight busting water making the drag go zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. bill put the net in the water and after a fight i put it in the net. nice colored laker. then finally bill has a freight train hit and fish on but he tried to horse it in and it shook loose. the bite continued for me an all were fighters so much fun no matter where i cast my lure had follows and hits. lots of fights and lots of drag zzzzzzzzzing. bill and took some breaks at the car eating donuts and resting as we forgot our chairs. it was very chilly when you see the pics you will see i have my hood on my head. we left around 11:30 am i guess i even left my phone at home ugh. i ended up 6 for 8 had 4 or 5 or more hits and plenty of follows all lakers hit within 20 feet of me. well bill ended up 0 for 1 but did see some follows but didnt know what to do make them hit. on the way home bill says fishy1 i had fun and will do better next time so much better than trolling for lakers. his last comment was you are right anyone can cast for bass and catch them not so for lakers. i said the same for salmon . i said billl dont go and expect to shore fish for lakers and salmon without the proper set ups and techniques. bill says were going again i hope. jeff is going to post pics for me.
Last edited by fishy1 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Here's Matt's pics, great job Matt!
Attachments
24434.jpeg
24434.jpeg (88.29 KiB) Viewed 21688 times
24433.jpeg
24433.jpeg (59.84 KiB) Viewed 21688 times
24432.jpeg
24432.jpeg (23.65 KiB) Viewed 21688 times
24430.jpeg
24430.jpeg (56.39 KiB) Viewed 21688 times
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Looks like you had a good day hooking up with lakers Matt. Have you seen any salmon?
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice laker Matt.
Thanks for teaching Bill how to fish for lakers.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Matt, we are all pulling for you to get better soon. The lake isn't the same unless there is a fishy1,2,3,or 4 with a fishing rod in hand. You are a good example for Kyle who posted a "disappointed" post. You took Bill under your wing to pass on some of the decades of knowledge about shore fishing for Lakers. If we can leave a little of our fishing knowledge for the younger generations, a small part of us lives on even after we hang up our favorite fish rods!! I hope to see you on the water soon.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

6/4/2020. did i have tank on this morning? it was possible. right around 10:15 am shore casting for lakers on a tough fishing day with a full moon and lake like glass i was sitting in my camp chair got my lure about 8 feet from me had a thundering hit pulling my rod in the water and me almost out of the chair. fish on and a big one brother mike made the hour drive to fish with me hurried to get the net told him its going to be awhile i couldnt get him up in the 10 foot of water at all with the drag zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing and i mean zzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. what a fight and what a beast i had on the other end. hopefully we will get it in the net . brother mike was getting nervous more than i was. after about 3 minutes or so it made a good run and pulled the hooks ugh. never got to see if it was tank i swear if it was he gives me fits just like the ghost catfish, i did everything i could to land it drag was perfect rod tip perfect just wasnt going to happen. i said to brother mike ill get him yet he commented i was mad i couldnt see that beast. we quit fishing at 11 am i was 2 for 6 and brother mike 2 for 4 . i had lots of short hits but okay we did better than expected.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Matt's pics
Attachments
24567.jpeg
24567.jpeg (60.42 KiB) Viewed 21625 times
24570.jpeg
24570.jpeg (164.83 KiB) Viewed 21625 times
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

6/8/2020 HEADED NORTH AGAIN WITH MY BROTHER MIKE FOR SOME SHORE FISHING FOR LAKERS . COOL AND CALM WHEN WE GOT THERE BUT DIDNT TAKE LONG FOR NORTH WIND TO PICK UP UGH. IT PUT THE LAKERS DOWN AND IT WAS TOUGH FISHING. I WAS 0 FOR 3 WITH 2 HITS NEAR BOTTOM AND ONE HIT NEAR ME AND IT WAS A BIG ONE. MY BROTHER LANDED ONE AND KEPT IT FOR DINNER.. WAITING TO HEAR FROM UVM HOSPITAL IN BURLINGTON AS ILL SOON BE GETTING INFUSIONS OF RADIATION IN MY SPINE. MIGHT BE OUT OF COMMISSION AGAIN FOR AWHILE.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Wishing you good luck with your radiation. We want you back fishing soon.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)