my ist saltwater post

Check and share here for the latest Salt Water fishing reports.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: my ist saltwater post

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Looks like you're having lots of fun.
Bluefish are like mini sharks, they will bite anything and give a good fish.
Blue crabs are delicious eating. Catch a few and enjoy them with Old Bay seasoning.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Post by Ahhspray »

I've really been enjoying reading your posts. Thanks for sharing. great pics too
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

i have 2 exciting days to report shore fishing salt water in indian bay lagoon. 4/7 had a good day and even caught a sting ray ugh after a tough battle landing it. caught several catfish got broke off once and landed several blue fish. today went back same spot battery dying will continue later
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

wednesday caught the grand slam blue fish spanish mackeral mangrove snappers and catfish. had some good runs to and got broke off twice. once again the bigger fish hit the spinning rod ugh. such a blast and beautiful weather in the sunshine state.

my little companyImage
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/9/2019 back again today partly cloudy and very windy. tide coming bite started slow with a couple of catfish then around 9 am i caught a nice blue fish. how they bust water and leap on a spinning rod so much fun. left at 11:30 am landing 6 blue fish and 5 catfish and 2 blue crabs. had one run on surf rod and got broke off never stopped 30 lb test line.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/10/2020 hit the mangroves today chasing snook on this cloudy warm day. had one on right in front of mangroves busting water but it shook loose. ugh only one more one good fish on landed 6 mangrove snappers and 4 catfish for the morning
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

I didn't realize you were reporting here, until you pointed it out to me. I'm glad I caught a few on FB. It's great to read them all here! Great reports, Matt.

What an incredible fishery, down there. I get tired of the hot sun, real fast though.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Fishy1:

Didn't realize either that you were posting here. Great reading! Have fun. Good to hear from you.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/1/2020 im finally home and in 14 day quaranteen getting ready to catch some salmon from shore after that . ended up at my sisters on west coast of florida and did some fishing and did okay but couldnt fish where i wanted everything shut down corinavirus today mostly everything was opened back up. im trying to catch up on everything but its good to be home with my family. will try and post some things later.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Glad to hear you're back home safely.
Use the quarantine to get your fishing rods, reels, lines, lures ready.
We look forward seeing your reports back on Champlain.
Salmons, lakers, and anything with fins ... beware.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Welcome home Matt. Once the virus clears I’d love to get you on Reelax...

Thanks for the stories
Matt B
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/1/2020 sitting here my ist day in quarantine what to do. just relaxing now and resting. lost my cousin freind and brother all in one before i left there so i guess i wont be getting over that to soon. i started working on something when i was in the hospital and continued this winter and now will try to concentrate on it again. want to thank all my friends on the forum for there keeping me positive during my last 8 months of ups and downs. i have made lots of friends here on lcu and i believe i am what i am today because of the lcu. my grand children look at me not only as pa pa but a fishing legend now. i cant describe my feelings on this as i get so many requests even for autographs which started our friend putting my pics on apparrel mugs and other things. im just a simple fisherman that loves fishing in the greatest sport in the world. i will continue to post here and on facebook where i have increasing. fishing friends also. my health right now is very good thanks to florida the sunshine state. im going to continue to fight this cancer and yes im feeling okay to fish in boats again with so many invites. just have to have prior notice. god bless all.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

my next adventure when i get out of quarantine is shore fishing for stripers hoping to head to the hudson river with a relative who lives there. 9 more days of quarantine
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/8/2020 friday 6 days to go in quarantine cant wait. im going to get through this. everyone be safe out there and keep on fishing.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

im not going to make it down for stripers . maybe next year. planning some trips in the future in maine virginia cheasapeak bay and back to florida not all will be shore fishing though been invited in boats to.