Coast Guard 9/9

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Re: Coast Guard 9/9

Post by mudchuck »

We also launched out of CG on Saturday and got there early enough before the concert was developing. Fleas and weed/grasses were a big nuisance as were the 2-3' waves as the wind picked up.
I think this is still the deepest launch right now with access to main lake...launched Mallett's a couple weekends ago and it's getting to be skinny water even for my small boat, only 9-11" of water under my prop in some spots...

We lost 2 lakers at the boat, had a weak knot on the leadcore breakoff and lost another laker along with the leader and spoon (anyone find my deep purple spoon?). We caught 2 more that actually made it into the boat. Nice 4# plus fish.

My buddy's 1st lake trout too. I've been on him all summer to get out with me and he finally found time and was rewarded for the experience.

Off the water by 1PM and the concert boats were just starting to congregate but we managed to get loaded and out of there before it got too busy...Anyone see the guy in the small boat with the tarp & lounge chair for a seat???