what the lcu has meant to me since i became a member

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

what the lcu has meant to me since i became a member

Post by fishy1 »

i been putting this off for awhile now but i just have to express my feelings about lake champlain united. it has become part of my life daily and i have enjoyed every day of it since joining. i have met so many fellow fisherman everywhere i go and have been invited to fish with them and show me new waters and so on. i now have fishing freinds in 6 states. i got to fish lake ontario 2 years in a row with hairbone (harry) who i fished with in my ist shootout with. harry has now become a great freind. then there is chawk (jeff) who helps me with my pics on here and has become a good freind and i fished last years shootout with. just to many to name here its a real long list . there are members and guests that have met me and have invited me fishing and others that just knew me when they saw me we talked fishing and some i never met send me pm,s and tell me different places i can move to close by when fishing. this is what this forum is all about fisherman joining together and sharing and just being freindly. last summer and fall and winter i had a set back with cancer and was treated with 43 radiation treatments and had a rough winter but everything has fallen into place now and im better and a big thank you to all for their kind words and contacts. i have just purchased a jon boat as most of you know and i have been offered deep cycle batteries trolling motors down riggers and more. i am just overwhelmed by all of this. i cant say enough about this forum what it has meant to me and my family . i want to personally thank all forum members and guests for being great fishing freinds. wherever i am stop and introduce your self and say hi. yes i am now on facebook with my freinds i will continue to be a lcu member and will always post.

growing but this is where it all started. if your on facebook and want to be a freind Matthew Glebus
thank you to all
fishy1
Last edited by fishy1 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Re: what the lcu has meant to me since i became a member

Post by keithm87 »

Your daily reports are always a good read. I hope some day in the distant future that I can catch 1/10 of the fish you and your grand daughter catch!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Since day 1, it was always a pleasure to read your posts. Your always positive attitude makes you a great friendly person. We hope you continue posting for a long time.
Even if we live far apart, it's always a pleasure to meet you at the shootout or at the seminars.
We hope you continue posting for a long time.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Post by ChessieMan »

Matt - good to hear about your feeling better, maybe this year we can get together and not just at the "bait shop"

And just to add to what Fishy1 says, this forum has been invaluable to me over the last 5 years - with the help and advice from members I've progressed from "Not being able to catch a cold" to "Pretty confident that I can catch fish on a given day" - tips on depths, speed, trolling direction, HB's,.... from guys who actually do it are so much more valuable than adds in Bass Master or Cabela's, I can't put a price on them.

The Money Pit is still covered in the driveway, but I'll be waking her up as soon as we have a frost - Tight lines Everyone
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

It has been a blast making friends and the fishing experiences are second to none. Looking forward to another round of lake o with Matty in the spring. I have been working on renovating a house in Ti as a year round camp and will be done soon so I will be back to fishing adventures soon
Honest John
Species: All interested parties

Post by Honest John »

I stop in everyday just to read your latest posts, Fishy! Your philosophy on fishing couldn't be more spot on! The more people you can spread a love of fishing to the better! Keep it up, Matt!
riddlervt
Species: Fins and Scales

Post by riddlervt »

I enjoy your posts! I also share your love of the sport and what it means to you and those folks lucky enough to share it with you. Glad to hear you are on the rebound. Tite lines ~!
Riddler
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Great stuff! That's a really inspiring post.
Really nice folks here, and I've learned a ton! Your reports are especially helpful, as well as your advice and encouragement!
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Keep at 'em Matt! Thanks for all the great reports.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Well Matt, Sorry it took me a couple days to respond, but sometimes, like you said, you need to get your thoughts together ( plus I was out of scotch).
I fished the Lake for 20 years and had just gotten to the point that I thought I was a successful fisherman, and quite proud of myself. Then I became internet dependable in 2012 and a whole new world opened up. Back then , you could give up a spot and get 5 more in return. Things have evolved here on the forum, as fishing has changed.
The one thing that hasn't changed, is meeting friends. I now know some great people because of this forum, some I consider in a group of my best friends. Some of the original guys that I learned from on here post less, but their experiences on here are what made this forum. We all thank you. The new guys are just as great and it's your input that keeps things going.
And then there's you Matt. You do it all, you are the glue that binds us all together. Thanks for keeping the interest, and never having a bad day!
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Matt:

Great piece! You definitely are a role model on this forum for your sharing and reaching out to others. I have to admit, that many of your successful techniques are new to me, and do more than just raise my curiosity! As an avid warm water angler, (a surprise to many), they are really fascinating. Thank you for all that you have done for the forum and all its members, including me.

Tamiron will have an announcement around October 1st, that has a lot in common with what you have just said. I will reference this thread in my announcement.

Thank you for who you are and all that you do and to the others who post to this forum always helping other members and promoting our sport.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Hi all, sorry been really busy with some medical/dental issues so haven't been on much lately. Ever since i became a member I have met many of the same people Matt (Fishy) has, including Fishy himself. I have learned and shared with them...we continue to grow in knowledge and in our friendships. As he and others said, there are too many to list individually but you know who you are :D ;) 8-) .. Matt has been a particularly close friend as well as Jim Martino, Harry, Jeff, the Sawyers,and ChessieMan. We may poke fun at each other or joke around but we respect each others prowess and expertise in certain areas. This format has given us the opportunity to meet each other, and for that I am grateful...Plus there is always a debate on one thing or another that keeps us on our toes and learning. I hopefully never stop learning or helping people when I can.. This site gives me the place to do so... Thanks Matt for your post and friendship, which goes for the members I have met here...Thank you all and thank you Ludo, Raz and Reelax for helping keep this site running well... Jimbow
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

X2
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Much Love to all of you members!

Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Controlled chaos
Species: what's biting

Post by Controlled chaos »

Your a great man Matt, I don’t post a lot, just got back from Ontario, wish I could post pics, ( hoping river rat will) you always have a seat on controlled chaos Matt!!