Flasher/Fly for Landlocks

Off season
Species: Salmon/Lakers

Flasher/Fly for Landlocks

Post by Off season »

I have been sold on using spoons for Salmon,But I always feel as if i'm missing some action not trying a Streamer flasher combo! Whats everyones thoughts here?
"OFF SEASON"
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Re: Flasher/Fly for Landlocks

Post by Hairbone »

I have had success with the smaller sized church tackle revelators. And either peanut of flies I made myself. Search archives for a post on it. This works great when they go down 60-100'
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Off season wrote:I have been sold on using spoons for Salmon,But I always feel as if i'm missing some action not trying a Streamer flasher combo! Whats everyones thoughts here?
This an excellent attraction presentation and, depending on the leader length, it can also work with spoons. The longer the leader, the less motion it passes to the lure. Thus a non-action fly should be the shortest leader.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Off season
Species: Salmon/Lakers

Post by Off season »

Hairbone wrote:I have had success with the smaller sized church tackle revelators. And either peanut of flies I made myself. Search archives for a post on it. This works great when they go down 60-100'
Harry, any particular color Revelator seem to work better on Champlain than the other?
"OFF SEASON"
hard knox
Species: salmon

Post by hard knox »

Do not be afraid to test some new tactics this is how i have found some of my most productive set ups . Plus is very rewarding when you slaying the fish on something nobody else is running .
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

I have tried them on Lake Sebago and they work!
Best have been the smaller size ones with echips if you can still find them.

Michael