Finally!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
cjpinvt
Species: all

Finally!

Post by cjpinvt »

A couple of you have been very helpful helping me towards my first salmon quest. I have been working Keeler Bay and the causeway all week. Today it finally happened! Nothing record worthy except it was my first. (Pretty sure I missed at least one more if not two) I was actually trolling with my kayak, had never done that before. I know many of you have been doing this a long time with success but there is something very satisfying about targeting a species and getting it! I actually switched up my rainbow kroc to a Kastmaster (silver) and that did it...two fat bellied yellow perch too.
31344822_10216188469203451_2728820100197233787_n.jpg
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Finally!

Post by fishy1 »

that is awsome . great job are you hooked now? the silver is working this spring so far , a freind was down on shore this morning when i got there about 7:30 am he had his limit fo 2 salmon and 1 steelhead and was heading home . guess what he had on a silver small kastmaster. i wen with the blue ice krocodile you will have to read my post on my lure. keep at it its going to be a fun ride.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Thats great
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Nice job, sounds like you earned that fish. I may be out along the Sandbar myself Sat afternoon.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

That's awesome! Congratulations! It took me a long time of trying before I finally caught one paddling.

I know exactly what you mean about targeting a species, and the excitement of finally getting one.... and then the excitement of refining the technique.

I like the fact that the Kastmaster did the trick. Despite the fact that I often get advice to use something else (and I give that advice too) I really like those simple old kastmasters.
Butcher
Species: cold water

Post by Butcher »

Nice work!!! Way to stick with it!!!!
Adkhare
Species: All of em

Post by Adkhare »

Congrats on your catch it only gets better!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice job... looks like a nice 20” fish too!
Matt B
malchom
Species: salmon, bass

Post by malchom »

Nice work. I paddled/trolled about 4 miles in Whallon Bay this morning (5/8), but no hits. I put 4 salmon in the kayak in May '16, but it's been scoreless trolling since then.