Lake Ontario

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
D-Cypher
Species: Lake Trout

Lake Ontario

Post by D-Cypher »

This is a little off the regular Chamaplain report but I thought some of you may enjoy hearing about the fishing on Ontario.

My wife and I took off Thursday afternoon to fish out of the Genesee river in Rochester.

When we started fishing on Friday the spawning salmon were thick in the river with many large fish jumping 3-4' out of the water, it was like something you see on a nature show from Alaska.

The fishing was a bit tricky but we did manage to land several nice kings and one beautiful coho. Including my personal best king at just shy of 30#. We also managed to lose a King that would have been well over 30# after a half hour fight and a broken treble hook.

We fished Friday and Saturday and enjoyed the acrobatic displays of the spawning fish in the river both days.

The lure of choice for the slamon seemed to be a black and glo magnum sized moonshine spoon, we also had luck on fire tiger J-plugs, top lines riggers and dipsy divers were all succesful.

Here are a few pictures of the highlights!
dsalmon.jpg
dsalmon1.jpg
jsalmon2.jpg
dcoho.jpg
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Lake Ontario

Post by fishy1 »

great report. have a freind on the salmon river this fishing and he said the same thing salmon jumping all over and he fished one hour and lost 3. nice pics to.