Can you say Mooselookmeguntic ?

Share info and fishing reports from waters other than Lake Champlain.
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Can you say Mooselookmeguntic ?

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

Spent a long weekend on Maines beautiful Mooselookmeguntic lake !!!!! Fishing for wild landlocked salmon and wild Brookies !!!! The area did not let us down!! First off the lake is huge and Beautiful!!!! We stayed at Haines landing at some log cabin rentals that included boat slips at there private protected docks. We tried to do some homework as to what to use to catch the native fish. Pretty much was told that DB smelts and sewn on frozen smelt were the ticket!!! So much for that research as we never caught a fish on either but we did catch fish and plenty of them!!! The lake is stuffed with landlocks and I mean stuffed!!! We never got into any real big sizes but plenty in the 15 to 18 inch size and the were very fiesty!! Now the Brook trout although not as plentiful were stunning in there fall pre spawn colors, ranging in size from 10 to 20 inches !! All being said had a super good time and fished in a mostly unspoiled and beautiful part of our country!!! When one of my kids come around today I will try to get them to post some pictures!!!! Sleeps
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Re: Can you say Mooselookmeguntic ?

Post by drachma »

Sleeps,

Sounds like a great get away for you before the foliage rush. Looking forward to some pictures.

Michael
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice trip Vincent! Looking forward to the photos.
Shake-n-Bake
Species: coldwater

Post by Shake-n-Bake »

Nice report Sleeps,
My son lives just south of there in Roxbury. I have toured the area but have not fished it yet. Gorgeous contry! My daughter-in-laws step father just fished Lower Richardson and had a great time also.
See you on the pond!
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Sounds awesome can't wait to see pictures!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Sounds great Sleeps. Hoping to see some pics of those Brookies!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry