A visit to my favorite basshole

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
Jausman
Species: Bass

A visit to my favorite basshole

Post by Jausman »

Headed to Ti Friday-Sunday from my usual home waters in NH - I'm looking forward to hitting my usual spots and trying some new ones. I've read that the water is down pretty low so i'll look to make adjustments after I get there. Not looking for any spot burns or big secrets- But are there any recent Ti reports out there? Just to get my juices flowing I suppose. -

I'm like a kid at Christmas - I'm looking forward to getting out there!
Champlainbaits
Species: Bass - Pike - Bowfin

Re: A visit to my favorite basshole

Post by Champlainbaits »

I wish I could pass some info. your way but I never fish Ti. All I can say is the lake is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I've been nailing smallies all season on weedlines and near prominent structure....and large mouth along the same stuff but also long subtle breaks. I almost always use 1) spinnerbaits or 2) crankbaits but the jig n' pig has been been working for me also. The surface bite has been awesome this year...never experienced anything like it. It's been super consistent and producing some of my biggest fish. Chuggers are my goto for that pattern. Again out over 12 to 15 foot of water at the edge of the weedlines.

Best of luck and I make sure to post some pics from your trip.
For some people it's "one more drink" or "one more bet" for me the lie is "just one more cast" :)
NY Ranger

Post by NY Ranger »

Sorry if you miss this before you reach Ti and Champlain. I suggest you find the milfoil beds that are sitting in 5 to 8 feet of water. Some fish are shallower but for the most part your going to find the better fish in this range based upon what I have seen the past month. Yes the water is low, and still quite warm. The temps are coming down from a high of 81 on the surface. This has elevated the activity somewhat. I believe that you will still find the fishing a bit slow. Just slow down and throw a big senko to those weeds. Best of luck.
Jausman

Post by Jausman »

Oh yes! -I got your tip late but we made the connection- it was an unweighted tx senko weekend - weed "edges" which became harder to distinguish after the duluge Sat afternoon. Biggest was 5.3 - best five bass on our boat Friday (which was the best day) came to 18.8 lbs - thats two guys catches combined. Got a 12 lb pike and a 7 lb bowfin - what a pair of fights those things put on- we called it a 'turbo pike' it jumped twice clear of the water - it dug like a bluefish- ripped off line - luckily the hook caught the corner of the mouth - shocked we landed it. - most amped up pike I ever saw. So much fun - Geez I love that fishing hole.. I feel lucky its only three hours from me- you guys got a heck of a fishing hole. I'll make at least one more trip there between fall strippers and hopefully a Cape Cod false Albie trip.