First day Bassmasters pre-weigh in 2:00 pm Wednesday 9/14/11

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

First day Bassmasters pre-weigh in 2:00 pm Wednesday 9/14/11

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I was out testing some new electronics on the boat and launched out of Malletts Bay today and had an opportunity to photo and video some of the action an hour or so before weigh in. I am very impressed with how they run this tournament! All anglers parked in the upper parking lot so as to not impact the Rec. fisherman like myself that used the lower one with no problem today. Bassmasters events are good for Vermont and glad to have a major tournament back! Thank you Bassmasters!

45 minutes before the Bassmaster pre-weigh sound check video:

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh20 ... 0154-1.mp4

These are one of the first returning boats getting ready to weigh in a big bag!

There was two of these pontoons they use to put the fish after weighing. They are filling them with fresh water prior to weigh-in:

The Digitroll is out of place here! :mrgreen:

30-45 minutes before the first bag of fish to be weighed as the MC does some final checks!

rvq
Species: bass

Re: First day Bassmasters pre-weigh in 2:00 pm Wednesday 9/1

Post by rvq »

Thanks Ron for some great pictures and thanks to your employer VT. Home & Marine for their help with the tournament. Hopefully, this will be the start of bringing big time bass fishing to the Vermont side of the lake. People who don't live around here think that Lake Champlain is in New York, because of all the tournaments out of Plattsburgh. It is estimated that bass tournaments generated $8,400,000 to the Plattsburgh economy in 2010. I'd like to see some of that revenue wind up in Vermont.

Bob
rvq
Species: bass

Re: First day Bassmasters pre-weigh in 2:00 pm Wednesday 9/1

Post by rvq »

Some additional tournament info:

http://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/eas ... two-launch

Bob