Ticonderoga June 25, 2012

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
NY Ranger
Species: Bass

Ticonderoga June 25, 2012

Post by NY Ranger »

Back to "ol' faithful today". What else can be said. Just a phenomenal area to fish. Hit the launch this morning with my son around 6:30. Morning began overcast, temperature around 60, light wind from the northeast that changed later in the day from the west/southwest. Water temps ran anywhere from 73-75. By Ti standards the water was not to awful dirty though some wind blown areas were slightly more stained then others.

Upon arriving at the launch we saw that several FLW anglers had already launched for the day. We ran into Kevin Hawk headed out the same time as us. Other pro's that we saw in the area were Randall Tharp, Dave Lefebre, Chad Grigsby and Kyle Mabrey. We saw several others but did not close in on them to identify them. There was one of the Chevy wrapped boats (Thrift, Clausen or Gagliardi), Castrol (Dudley or Christie) and several others. Kind of a neat experience for my son.

Anyway, on to what your reading this for. Started out in the mouth of East Creek. Began the day with a Heddon Spook on top with no success. We headed south due to thunder storms to the north. Not getting bit inside the mouth of the creek we began to work around the point south on the Vermont shore. Once we got into some grass and hard shore cover I was able to get a half dozen bass on the black and blue chatterbait with a twin tail trailer. The biggest was nice 3 pound chunk.

After the storms cleared we headed north to my "spot". Again we worked the KVD 1.5's and the chatterbaits. Zack got his first keeper of the day on the squarebill fishing off a point. I did not get any strikes on the 1.5 and stuck with the chatterbait as we worked the shore and inside weed edges. I noticed that the water level was done quite a bit since my last visit a week or two ago. Noticing that our next pass was on the outside edge of the weeds in 5 to 6 feet of water. The sun began to break out through some broken cloud cover and the weeds were less dense in this area to the north. I switched up to a 1/2 oz. Spro Little John in watermelon red. What a call!

As we worked through this next stretch of water it was on. Best fish went a shade over 4 and several others in the 3.5 to 3.75. Not sure if we hit a school or just caught it right but we couldn't miss. The best 5 would have been close to if not over 17 pounds in this little area. Zack also hooked up with a 7 pound northern that absolutely choked his Spro.

We kept moving north and headed to some backwater where I knew we would find some grass mats and Lily pads. Tossing the frog around for a while I pulled a couple of 2 1/2's and had a few others miss the Rojas popping frog. Again the thunderstorms were brewing to the west and we could hear the thunder starting to roll in. I decided it best to wrap up the day and head off the water. We made it back to the launch with only a few minutes to spare before things busted loose. Again we had another awesome day on Champlain. Well over 25 bass put in the boat and consistent action all day long. Here are a couple of more pictures of the day for you guys.

Sea Hare
Species: all species

Re: Ticonderoga June 25, 2012

Post by Sea Hare »

Great pics, happy kid and plenty of fish.. that spells success ! Thanks for sharing.

BB ( Jon )

:D
It's not just a unit of measure !
muskytime
Species: Bass/Salmon

Post by muskytime »

Very nice LM bass !! :roll:

I fish the North part of the lake Missisquoi Bay and wow here the water level is so low for the time of the year, how is it up South ???

Claude
NY Ranger

Post by NY Ranger »

muskytime wrote:Very nice LM bass !! :roll:

I fish the North part of the lake Missisquoi Bay and wow here the water level is so low for the time of the year, how is it up South ???

Claude
Much lower than I anticipated. But, that being said, I guess it's better than where we were last year at this same time!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

I saw a Chevy wrapped boat all the way up in St Albans Bay on Monday. Could they really travel that far?

Great report and great pics...thanks for sharing. Zach is loving it...great smile!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
NY Ranger

Post by NY Ranger »

Raz wrote:I saw a Chevy wrapped boat all the way up in St Albans Bay on Monday. Could they really travel that far?

Great report and great pics...thanks for sharing. Zach is loving it...great smile!

They could travel that far, yes. But not likely. There are several members of the "Chevy" team. The guys that parked at Ti will more than likely be fishing there the first two days of the tournament. Instead of driving the boats 70 miles south everyday they have been staying in Ti. They will head north to Plattsuburgh on Wednesday as that is a no fishing day for them. From there they have to make the round trip everyday. Lot of seat time is going to be had.
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

I never realized how much your son looked like you! :D He even catches nice fish :D
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
Brian
Species: fin fish

Post by Brian »

Good report! I was on the water that day too out of Larabee's. We went a bit south and missed the storms, but had some rain. You guys had good action for sure, gotta love the topwater bite!! Nice photo's!
Got bass thumb?
schodackbassman

Post by schodackbassman »

Great report and enjoyed seeing that big pike! There was a couple Chevy wrapped boats fishing just south of Fort Ti Thursday/Friday. One could have been Roland Martian. There were boats on fishing the NY side around 8:30 am Thursday every couple hundred feet from one end of those bays to the other after the 2nd flight arrived. Some were back Friday.
Champlainbaits
Species: Bass - Pike - Bowfin

Post by Champlainbaits »

Nice fish and great report. I never fish down south...sounds like a blast. It would take me the better part of a week to paddle down there :)

Thanks for sharing all the info. and best of luck.
For some people it's "one more drink" or "one more bet" for me the lie is "just one more cast" :)