St. Lawrence Bassin'

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
voyager
Species: whatever's biting

St. Lawrence Bassin'

Post by voyager »

Finally got out on my new home water of the St Lawrence river on Saturday. I decided to go with a guide to speed up the learning process. Spent the day with Capt. Ed and first mate Scott of Let's go Fishin' charters out of Massena. A couple of great guys who did a fine job of showing me the ropes. The weather was pretty lousy with off and on rain but we were undetered and boated several largemouth and smallmouth along with a pike. Lost one monster pike right at the boat. We mostly fished over weed beds in 5-10 ft as well as along the banks in a few spots. Most of the fish came on yellow/white willow leaf spinnerbaits and Johnson silver minnows. Tried drifting for walleyes too but no takers. here's a few pics....

Landed this one in the middle of a downpour

This one hit a spoon while casting for pike. Looks like a pike had already gotten too him...ouch!

Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: St. Lawrence Bassin'

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice pics Voyager.
That's gotta been a big pike chewing a bite off that bass :o and looks pretty recent.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
rvq
Species: bass

Re: St. Lawrence Bassin'

Post by rvq »

Feel sorry for that poor fish. Thanks for the report and pics. Look forward to your future reports.

Bob