fishing update trout pond my ist kokanee/brown ever

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: fishing update trout ponds 2016

Post by C-Hawk »

Hairbone wrote:Nice report. Maybe some of your luck will rub off on me..lol. took my 12 yr old out this afternoon and hit up a bunch of spots. Down 42 pounds since surgury and it is a lot easier getting around the banks of brooks. Highlight was watching the smelt in the brook at lake george.
Way to go Harry, please don't forget us fat guys when you reach your ultimate weight.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

4/20/2016 hit the bushwhack trail for browns again this morning. started fishing at 7 am with one bobber and a dillie rig and casting also with my other rod. had one hit casting early and that was it but my bobber with the dillie was a steady bite with small brookies 6 to 8 inches. nice color to them though. at 9 am headed over the hill for some bigger brookies. started fishing at 9:30 am and immediatly landed a 12 and half inch brookie with the slip sinker rig. then the bobber rig started and missed 4 in a row then landed one finally. from 9:30 am to 11:30 am landed 9 nice brookies there with only 2 coming on the bottom. saw several nice brookies following my dillie in after missing one. no browns today but had fun with some nice brookies. wayne and i are going to attempt to get a nice brown in the morning.Image
screenshot program
kept this one and 2 others for waynes wife to eat. all others released
Last edited by fishy1 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Keep catching those nice brookies Matt....good job, wish I was with ya!
Targa V18
Species: lake trout/Salmon

Post by Targa V18 »

Nice catch. Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of ya's while on my way to the big City!!!!! Ugghhhhh..... Oh well only four days then I'll be back in the ADK's..
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Forgot to mention the sandwich and pepsi Matt :D. Sounds like you need to store a cast iron frying pan at these remote lakes. Brook trout. Salt pepper over an open fire :D doesn't get better than that
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Hairbone wrote:Forgot to mention the sandwich and pepsi Matt :D. Sounds like you need to store a cast iron frying pan at these remote lakes. Brook trout. Salt pepper over an open fire :D doesn't get better than that
had 3 tuna sandiwches and a big pepsi hows that harry. :lol: there are at least 3 frying pans back at the most remote pond. im thinking of taking 2 kids in sunday with a freind and do just that cook some up and i hope i dont forget the butter. :roll:
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/21/2016 wayne and i headed back to a pond today after those elusive browns. though i was worried all night about taking wayne in there because of the distance and bushwhacking we would have to do. met wayne at 6 am and it was 26 degrees and we had jackets on and when we came out at 12:30 pm it was very warm. we started fishing at 7:15 am and started out with 2 rigs with bobbers and dillies. wayne started casting and set the other rod out with a dillie and bobber. wasnt long wayne landed a brookie on the dillie. then a short while later he had a good hit casting 10 or 12 feet from shore, then nothing for awhile and tried casting also. wayne said im going to scout all around the pond and cast. okay wayne go to it. he got over on a sharp point a while later and yells fish on . wayne landed a nice 20 inch brown. it made my day because wayne has had a stroke of bad luck fishing lately. he said the fish came into the shore when he saw it and headed out when the fish saw him , wayne threw out his lure a little ways and the brown circle right back in and smashed his lure. we talked way back over where we were and decided to scout that side of the pond with our dillie rigs and so on. we picked up and got there and i had a few bobber downs with no takers. so i moved over where the pond narrows and threw out my dillies and bobber down and a miss. this conitnued for over a hour and a half. landed 3 brookies lost 5 and missed at least 12 to 15. 2 bobber downs at the same time 3 times. the brookies were very active but wayne couldnt buy a bite. i landed 3 brookies and wayne the 20 inch brown and a brookie for the morning. now for the long hike backout since we were on the other side of the pond now. it was very warm and we took out time got to the car 1 hour and 25 minutes later. we had a fun day on the ist day of a full moon. Image
pc screenshot
waynes 20 inch brown.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Beautiful brown.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Nice fish! I would rename that place Brown Town :D
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/22/2016 had until 9 am to get home so headed to a brookie pond closer to home and not to far back. started fishing about 6:30 am until 8:30 am . had 17 bobber downs and landed 12 brookies nothing overly big but nice brookies. a nice no wind morning with a light rain. lots of brookies surfacing this morning.
img uploadImage
free upload pictures
blackfly
Species: all

Post by blackfly »

4 22 16 FISHING WITH MATT YESTERDAY BACK WHO KNOWS WHERE I THROUGH MY LINE OUT AND LOOKED DOWN AND ALL I COULD SEE WAS A BRIGHT ORANGE BOBBER GOING BY AND ON THE END WAS A NICE BROOK TROUT HE LOOKED AS PROUD AS A PEACOCK WITH HIS NEW LIP RING SO IF YOU RUN OUT OF BOBBERS MATT YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ONE BUT I DONT THINK HE WANTS TO GIVE IT UP
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/23/2016 went into that same trout pond as yesterday morning closer to the road and only hold brookies. got there around 8:45 am and left at 11:00 am with a limit of 5 since they were badly hooked. non stop action from when i got there and they slowed around 10:30 am. landed 13 brookies lost 5 and missed at least as many as i caught. nothing over 10 inches but most around 8 and 9 inches.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/28/2016 went into a trout pond for a while this morning and took my nephews son since there isnt any school this week. got there at 11 am and fished until 12:30 pm with a gusty north wind and cold. the ist part of the pond we hit was to windy so we went back to the other end hoping to get out of it a little. cole started casting and 2nd cast he missed one then he had one miss it. then he landed one about an 8 inch brookie. cole saw 2 or 3 following his lure in but would shy away when they got real close to shore. then that was it for cole no more hits and no fish. i had 2 rods out with bobbers and had one bite but didnt move the bobber much and stole the dillie. that was it for the day . very cold and still snow on the ground there.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/3/2016 hit 2 trout ponds this morning for brookies and browns. both were bushwhack trails and my legs and back feel it right now. one hour and half to the ist one without much success 3 small ones around 7 inches. so i went back over a big hill to fish the pond wayne and i went for browns 2 weeks ago when wayne landed the 20 incher. started fishing at 10:15 am with two bobber rigs. nothing hitting here either so i left my rods and walked around the corner to see if anything was surfacing. nothing so i head back to my rods sat down on the rock looked at my bobbers and counted 3 instead of two. i just sat there and stared then the one in the middle went down but it wasnt on either one of my rods. 5 minutes later it came back up and was swimming slowly out towards the center of the pond. picked up my extra rod with a lure on it and started casting towards it. the fish on the end of it would splash. after about 20 casts hooked into it and landed my bobber line and brookie that took my stuck bobber and hook 2 weeks ago when wayne and i were in there. unreal. released the brookie after cutting the line near his mouth. got my bobber back wow. it happened to wayne that day and 2 weeks later it happened to me. one bobber one hook and one brookie the same 2 weeks later. ended up catching my limit of nice brookies and started walking out at noon. one hour later made it to the car and was very happy to see it. my legs felt like jelly. :oops:

here we go wayne here is our extra bobber 2 weeks later. :lol: Image
image hosting site no sign up
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Only you could be that lucky Matt...