fishing update trout pond my ist kokanee/brown ever

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Re: fishing update trout pond my ist kokanee/brown ever

Post by troutcrazy »

Wow that's a big crayfish! I wonder if it's a rusty crayfish-- I read that they're invasive in the White River watershed. I don't think they've made their way to the Champlain watershed though. I've been meaning to fish that area and set some traps to catch some rusty crayfish to eat-- lots of meat on those tails!

Sounds like you had a good trip even if few trout were caught. I haven't been fishing nearly enough. I did get down to the lake where you and I are going to win the basin derby with browns this fall :D It was Friday and I caught a couple browns trolling in my kayak at dusk! I've been trying to figure out how to troll in that lake for a while now and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it!

I'm headed to Willoughby for the week with some family and friends-- I almost don't want to leave the Basin but it'll be good.

Looking forward to catching up with you in the cooler months!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

9/3/2019 headed out to the adirondack high peaks for some trout action. havent fished in awhile since my fall this spot has easy access for me to fish but got there and the wind was blowing right in on me and no jacket. my freind bill said lets go to our 2nd option and i said okay even though its tougher fishing with the limited access there for me where its flat. got there about 8:30 am and set up 3 worm rods with dillies on bottom and bill 2. this spot holds no structure so the bite can be tough. well before bill gets set up i have a good run and fish on i land a nice brookie. within the next 30 minutes bill and i have 6 runs with me landing another brookie and a white sucker and bill losing a nice brookie but that would do it . 3 more runs till 12:30 pm with me landing another white sucker. was so good to be out even though i didnt bring a jacket an was unconfortable most of the morning with no sun. so good to be fishing again cant fish where i want to but at least im fishing. today was special and i thank my freind bill for bringing me.
Imagefree image hosting
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

That's a great pic Matt. Glad your health is getting better. Always pleasant to read your posts.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Is getting that time of year. The brookies are coloring up. Keep the pics coming Matt.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/4/2019 headed back to the high peaks with alayna today and pretty much was a washout we sat in my vehicle most of the time through a thunder storm and heavy rains most of the morning. she was able to fish maybe 1/2 hour catching some small bullhead and a white sucker. as we sat in the vehicle alayna took my phone and taught me some things or 2 ha ha. im going to post and updated pic of my brookie from yesterday that alayna did just amazin. she also added my favorite saying of all time to the pics. here is the one i posted yesterday just alot brighter.Imageforensic salary rangeImage
here is alayna with her white sucker catch
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/9/2019 headed up to the high peaks this morning solo for some shore fishing for brookies and rainbows at a roadside pond. did a little experimenting with me 3 rod limit 1 with a bobber one with a egg sinker and another with my favorite bell sinker on bottom and snelled hook tied above the sinker. bait for today is all dillies. started fishing at 8 am and it didnt take long to get a run and i land a small brookie on the egg sinker set up. 10 or 15 minutes later bobber goes down thinking rainbow but no i land a brookie. then for the next 2 hours i land 10 more brookies 1 on the bobber 2 on the egg sinker set up and 9 on the bell sinker on bottom and snelled hook above. my bottom bell sinker does very well again wont try the egg sinker again i dont think. air temperature was 41 degrees when i got there with little wind sat in my camp chair with light jacket i was very comfortable. had fun it was good to get out so beautiful in the high peaks. hopefully soon ill be able to walk back into a back woods trout pond .Imagepost pictures online free
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/21/2019 drove up to bills house as he wanted to take me trout fishing to a roadside pond in the high peaks and i accepted. startd fishing around 7:15 am wiht 3 rods with sinkers and dillies and bill with 2 with jigs and dillies. bite was non stop but with little bullhead ugh. i caught 15 or more in a hour before deciding to pull 2 in before we run out of dillies and put on a bobber and wait and see off bottom. within an hour bobber down and i land a brookie and bill lost a nice one. but then we decided to go to gander outdoors closing sale. had fun in a couple of hours and it was good to get out again. ImageImageimage url
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Great brooky Matt!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/25/2019 my brother mike took me up to a high peaks trout pond hoping i could get in and out of his 13 foot raddison canoe to easy level spot for me to fish on shore and we did. the bite started well for him catching a bunch of small brookies and me nothing. but im patient and didnt budge and soon it paid off with some bigger brookies to keep to eat. caught lots of white suckers to and there fun to catch . we lost count on the brookies and white suckers. we fished in the rain and wind for 5 hours. we had a blast. we were fishing about 30 fow on bottom with dillies. we kept our limit fo 5 each brookies to eat. Imagephoto hostingImageImageupload pix
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Nice brookies! Here fishy fishy, I love it!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/27/2019 hit a high peaks pond this morning with a freind bill for some shore fishing for brookies. 44 degrees but nice little wind and beautiful nature. fished this spot without much success lately but this pond ins rough for shore fishing so i have no choice. the little pesky bullhead wernt biting today so that was a good sign. some brookies surfacing early but then nothing . i caught 2 bullhead and 3 white suckers then bill landed a small brookie. the bite just wasnt there again then around 11 am bill had a real strong bite picks up his rod with it bobbing and i said bill that fish is hooked he starts reeling and fish on and busting water wow . when he finally lands it i look and im in shock bill says what kind of fish is that i said bill you just landed a landlock salmon. he looked at me and said really. i said no kidding im stunned. took a couple pics cut the line near his jaw and released it back to the water and it swiftly swam away. a land lock salmon in a brookie pond? the bite was slow but bill and i had 3 drops that were really grImageupload picture without accounteat bites. here is the salmon.Image
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/1/and 10/2/2019 my brother brought me up to a high peaks pond monday and brought me across in his canoe to shore fish. the bite was slow in that spot where we did okay last week. mike got about 10 brookies no size but had fun trying to catch them i was laughing all morning. its was chilly and windy but we fished and had fun. i landed 1 nice brookie and lost a good one or it could have been on of those elusive wild browns.
tuesday i went up solo and fished near the vehicle on a flat ground. didnt leave till late because of rain but i fished from 9 am to 11:30 ma landing 8 brookies nothing over 9 inches and 7 white suckers. warmer today very comfortable sitting in my camp chair.ImageImagewhich is better fallout 3 or fallout new vegas
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/9/2019 hit a roadside pond today with easy access for me air temperature was 36 degrees but the wind was still. ist hour not a run 2nd hour 9 runs and i land 6 smallish brookies all released, rainbows also in here but no takers. 2 hours of fishing and relaxing was great and the scenary was beautiful. ImageImageupload images without account