10/6/2015 brook trout pond

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: 10/6/2015 brook trout pond

Post by fishy1 »

a flow that i walked byImage and couldnt resist takeing a pic of.
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

What a micro tackle paradise!! Too many places to fish, so little time!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

a nice brookie right after i landed it.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/12/2015 same pond 2.4 miles back with some success but overall a slow day landed 7 brookies 8 to 11 inches but lost 1 nice trout guessing in the 2 to 3 lb range but could have been a rainbow . there are rainbow in there also. was a great day to be in there though as the 2 fisherman that were camped out in there came over around 8 am and told me while walking his dog off the trail he discovered 2 fishing rods with mitchell 300 reels on them a net and and back pac. i told them sunday to safe guard their things because a member of my sons bowling team had lost their gear in the spring after leaving it and going back down the trail to get their canoe. i told them the guys name and it was on his reels. they said that was it i said this is going to be a great day. they went back to their tent and and returned all of his missing things to me. i carried it out and gave it to my son and he returned it to john tonight at the bowling alleys. 2 great fisherman and i was fortunate to be there this morning again. before they went back fishing these 2 fisherman told me they drive up here every spring as soon as they can walk in with garbage bags and clean the little tent areas up . lots of propane tanks and beverage cans and bottles. get this they live 70 miles south of the pond and walk in 2.4 miles and carry the waste out. made my day.
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

:D there are kind souls out there, sounds like some stellar outdoorsmen!!
I wish more would really respect nature and others equipment. Good read for sure. ;)
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

the owner of the missing gear was very grateful . he told my son that they took all of his older trout spoons that were at least 20 years old and dont make them anymore. get this the 2 lures attached to his rods wernt even his. never ever owned any lures like that. so this whole time they had everything stashed in the woods off the trail and were using his rods and reels whenever they went into the pond to fish. pretty sad i would say. hopefully he and his wife will get back to fishing again.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

my brookImage trout dinner tonight.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7:20 am on Imagea trout pond 2.4 miles from my pickup in the adirondack mountains.
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Beautiful!
SELIC
Species: salmon

Post by SELIC »

Where this is a nice place, I would love to go fishing in the spring there.
Thanks
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

well october 14th was my last day in the trout ponds trout season officially ends tonight at midnight. got into the pond and started fishing around 7:45 am. caught a 10 incher by 8 am and then went 2 hours without a bite. then i caught 2 decent fish by noon and lost im thinking about a 5 lb rainbow i missed with the net as he twisted off. ist rainbow i hooked into in that pond since last year. they are a tough bite in that pond. just after noon the bite got really hot and lasted until around 3 pm. so hot that they were hitting before my worm hit bottom and couldnt keep the line in the water. i caught 2 male pre spawn brookies in less then 2 minutes or so. one was 12 and 1/4 inches the other 13 inches and both with a little hook jaw. will post the pics later. from noon to 3 pm i landed 20 decent brookies lost several and missed several. then from 3 to 5 pm only landed 3 more and missed several. a hot bite and a fun day and will look forward all winter to walking back in these ponds for some good brookie trout fishing if im able. now its onto lake champlain frostbite fishing for salmon and browns in both the tributaries and the big pond.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

fishy1 wrote:well october 14th was my last day in the trout ponds trout season officially ends tonight at midnight. got into the pond and started fishing around 7:45 am. caught a 10 incher by 8 am and then went 2 hours without a bite. then i caught 2 decent fish by noon and lost im thinking about a 5 lb rainbow i missed with the net as he twisted off. ist rainbow i hooked into in that pond since last year. they are a tough bite in that pond. just after noon the bite got really hot and lasted until around 3 pm. so hot that they were hitting before my worm hit bottom and couldnt keep the line in the water. i caught 2 male pre spawn brookies in less then 2 minutes or so. one was 12 and 1/4 inches the other 13 inches and both with a little hook jaw. will post the pics later. from noon to 3 pm i landed 20 decent brookies lost several and missed several. then from 3 to 5 pm only landed 3 more and missed several. a hot bite and a fun day and will look forward all winter to walking back in these ponds for some good brookie trout fishing if im able. now its onto lake champlain frostbite fishing for salmon and browns in both the tributaries and the big pond.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

the 2nd male brookie i caught within minutes of the other in the post above.Image
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

kept 3 out of the 26 for dinner with my granddaughter. would like to hear from others on there trout fishing success.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Beautiful fish, reminds me of Backwoods Maine . We had 2 man catches on the fly of 50 or more just in an evening. Very aggressive fish. Very envious!