Two weeks of Silver from Split Rock to Barbers!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Flashpoint
Species: trout/salmon/stripers

Two weeks of Silver from Split Rock to Barbers!

Post by Flashpoint »

Sorry it's been such a crazy spring that I haven't posted much folks! All I can say is the Lakers are getting a break as the Salmon Fishing has been that reliable that we have been sticking with it! From Basin Harbor, to Diamond island to inner Westport all the way to Barber we have taken fish. With the increased color coming in off the Otter we have let the wind & plume direction dictate where we fish. I can say the surface temp has jumped 15 degrees in the last two weeks.... But that hasn't slowed the Salmon bite at all!
We have taken fish on the riggers from 28 to 65 down...keeping the four riggers spread out from 25 -35 on the outsides & 55 - 70 on the insides. Green & glow blades on the high riggers with spoons tight has worked. A bit longer leads on deeper riggers, with some sliding cheaters taking a few fish as well. 10 color cores & 250 coppers taking fish to help the numbers but bulk has come off the riggers.
Watermelon speedy, rainbow honeybee, green glow alewife stinger & some custom black & purple all taking fish!
Let's hope it keeps up!
Attachments
champ salmon 4.jpg
Champ salmon 3.jpg
Phantom (griz)
Species: all

Re: Two weeks of Silver from Split Rock to Barbers!

Post by Phantom (griz) »

Way to go Matt.I have noticed a decline in the population in the area and was thinking the Lamprey had taken all the salmon and was wrong again. Lol
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Very nice indeed. I love that board!
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
Off season
Species: Salmon/Lakers

Post by Off season »

Way to go Matt! Nice report
"OFF SEASON"
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice report Matt, thought I heard you down there Saturday saying Purple and Black was on fire...

Thanks for the report.
Matt B
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

To FLASHPOINT and all who share :)

Others need to follow your example! What you are catching them on benefits everyone including us lure manufacturers. Where, when, depth, distance back, attractors, method are all up to the individual .... but they may draw the fleet!

We can provide all fishermen with better tools if we new what lures work (all Makes & Colors) and what doesn't. Pictures are best … but descriptions will do. If everyone is catching fish, more fish will be stocked. More cooperation helps the conservation people argue for even greater budgets. Thanks again. /Jim
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Catskillbob
Species: Stripers, Trout

Post by Catskillbob »

Matt, nice fish! Glad to see you can catch cold water fish as well as you do with the Striper run. Thanks for the report.