Broad Lake fishing

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Broad Lake fishing

Post by C-Hawk »

I fished three 10 hour days on the broad lake, catching roughly 35 salmon and 15 Lakers, with my friend Doug. Today was our best day with 15 salmon, including a 7 and a 5 salmon, both released, my first ever quadruple on Lakers, all hitting almost simultaneously.We managed to land only two of them. Very entertaining. I also caught fish on my new Tasmanian Devil lures. These are a tube type lure with clear plastic wings, weighted, and slide down over a wire snelled hook, much like a J plug.They are fairly heavy and may hang lower than the ball. Lead line worked well today and accounted for an 8 lb laker yesterday. Fluorescent green in this muddy water, but I think rainbow trout speedy shiner outperformed all.I will try to post a pic of the new lure but may have to edit in a pic when I get home on Monday.
. I think now is the time to fish. This is the reason I worked all winter .Call in sick and fish.
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Re: Broad Lake fishing

Post by fishmaster176 »

Nice 3 days of fishing. Glad you nailed 'em. Work can interfere with so much fun. Thanks for sharing. Fred
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Used to use Tasmanian devils on lakers about 10 years ago. They worked well. The spinning creates a buzz the fish like. Thanks for the report...
bobfishing
Species: salmon, lake trout

Post by bobfishing »

nice going, hope the bite stays on next week. See you Friday
Fishinpole
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by Fishinpole »

It sounds like a great few days.How far north were you fishing and what was the water temp?
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

3 consecutive days of great fishing, that is a blast. Nice mixture of salmons and lakers. A 15 salmon day is something we all wish for. Thanks for sharing.
Looking forward to see that Tasmania Devil lure pic.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

Way to go Jeff
Did you move up to the lake? Or on sabatical?
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Hi Jeremy, my wife thinks I might have retired, but I had a big job over the winter and always had it in mind to take some time this month.Still working 2 or3 days a week.Water temps are 52 at 40 and 59 on top.Most of our fish were caught between 30and40 ,no further north than Valcour. There is a ton of bait below Sawyer, but only an occasional big Laker .If someone catches salmon there please let me know. This spot is frustrating for me.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Seahawk:
(same message to Hairbone)

Others need to follow your example! What you are catching them on benefits everyone including us lure manufacturers. Where, when, depth, distance back, attractors, method are all up to the individual .... but they may draw the fleet!

We can provide all fishermen with better tools if we new what lures work and what doesn't. If everyone is catching fish, more fish will be stocked. More cooperation helps the conservation people argue for even greater budgets. Thanks again. /Jim
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

I had a pic up before but it got lost. I guess that I don't fully grasp the picture posting thing. Sometimes it will go easily from my phone, never did 3 months ago, now I can't attach a file because it says it's too big. Photobucket works for me but won't on the phone . Also has it's issues for me. Can't seem to make it work. Try again later or tomorrow.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Try this
Attachments
Instasize(1).jpg
will nolan (swilly)
Species: whatever bites!

Post by will nolan (swilly) »

Very good news And a great report. We have such a great fishery here.
Will nolan "swilly"
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

So true Will, in spite of lampreys, cormorants, alewives,no alewives , zebra mussels, milfoil, water fleas, Canadians ( just kidding guys), and many other invasives, never mind nutrient loading, we do have such a wonderful fishery. There is no comparison to when I started fishing here 30 years ago. My hat is off to the fisheries men and women of the region, they are unsung heroes for sure. Imagine what this lake would be like without invasives?
will nolan (swilly)
Species: whatever bites!

Post by will nolan (swilly) »

I agree completely. There will always be problems to deal with.
Will nolan "swilly"