Laker spoons

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Clinton0205
Species: Trout

Laker spoons

Post by Clinton0205 »

Hey everybody I've been fishing champlain for awhile now for mainly lakers but have only really used stick baits I was thinking of expanding my horizons and trying to use some spoons this year . Any body have any suggestions of what brand of spoons work or what colors work the best any help to getting me on the right track would be awesome!!!
Heijac
Species: All

Re: Laker spoons

Post by Heijac »

fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

glow colors work really well,even up to NK-28 size spoons.Early on we use needlefish,suttons,Honeybees MP-6's,williams lures . glow and green or combinations of blue and green usually will work. Keep trying until u find something they like. and don't be afraid to ask on the radio,ch 68
bhf76
Species: salmon

Post by bhf76 »

There are a lot of spoons that will work. If you put it right in front of their face they will usually grab it. Green and blue are good colors. I've had a lot of luck with white as well. Michigan stingers are great sppons for lakers, natural born killer and wonderbread are great colors. silver/black works good too. Def. wanna get glow colors. They are very effective in the eraly morning hours. I usually try a spoons on 1 side and F-11 rapalas on the other and let the lakers tell me what they want. You can't go wrong with cowbells (inline flasher blades) either, but I usually just hug the ball tight with my lures with vertical blades attached to my rigger line.
OUTCAST
Species: lake trout, salmon

Post by OUTCAST »

lakers are generally not picky, pretty much anything you put in front of them works. for spoons my favorite patterns are ( alewife glo, brook trout) those 2 have cought hundreds and hundreds of lakers for me. but also NBK, blue dolphin, wonder bread, bloody nose, clown, chicken wing, but with that said, i probably fish lakers on average 60-70 times a year, because i suck at salmon fishing, and 80 percent of the time i just use stick baits behind hammerhead cow bells, i normally dont get a break with that setup.

chris
Clinton0205
Species: Trout

Post by Clinton0205 »

Well I appreciate the help guys I can't wait to get out fishing! I just bought some chamberlain releases so I can't wait to get out and try them with some new lures!