hoping to hit the bay on 4/26

Share info on fishing Champlain.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

hoping to hit the bay on 4/26

Post by cpmaple »

Hoping to hit the bay 4/26 for a shakedown run. After a bad easter sunday and birthday I found out that my block cracked over the winter. Tore it down and welded it back up last night. All seems well now after 3hrs of work and a late night repairing it. Now to give it a good clean up from the work and putting it in the lake. Cant wait thought I was done for the season before it even started. cpmaple see ya's on the pond
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: hoping to hit the bay on 4/26

Post by Reelax »

Glad to hear of your repair, hope it holds up... We went 1 for 2 yesterday getting motors going on a rig I worked on... Starter issues on the big motor.. Hate VT winters.
Matt B
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Thanks Reelax hope it goes well going out to run it some now on the hose and let it warm up then put new sticker on it and I'm ready for Saturday to get here.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Headed to the bay in the morning well be three of us on board. My step daughter is bitting at the nail to get out there after the salmon along with myself. Taking a gentleman along from IL. that is here on shutdown. Hoping to pick up a few fish not many reports but will give it a try never know. Gonna start outside of the trench and work the shore line down to brook and then go from there. Hoping the motor does well with the repair tomorrow will tell.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Good luck Chad...
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Launched out of Port henry around 7am fished till 10am went 3 for 3. Very happy with the repair on the motor and the fish we got. One brown 20.5" and 3.4lbs on blue and silver behind a mini dipsy diver second was a 21" silver, 1.15lbs on a nosiey boy behind a mini dipsy diver and third was another silver 1.5 lbs on a split rock by CI. Very happy with results fish were all caught on first pass around outside of the bay surface temp 45.