New 115 for the C-Hawk

Share info on fishing Champlain.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

New 115 for the C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Many thanks to Ron and the folks at Vt.Home and Marine for the recent repower of the C-Hawk.They are a no pressure, no hassle low-key operation that would make any fisherman comfortable. Special thanks Ron you really know your stuff.
I went with the 115 Merc four-stroke and troll control.No more kicker, mixing gas or fumes.Put the riggers back on and I'm good to go.Can't wait now, worse than before the new motor.Autopilot soon to come. Jeff
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Re: New 115 for the C-Hawk

Post by fishmaster176 »

Congrats on the new 115. We did the same last year. Love it. Can't wait to get it back out. I also bought from VT Home and Marine. It made sense to buy from the people that support us, the fishermen/women in this area. Ron knows our needs and doesn't try to sell something that doesn't fit. No regrets. Fred
flyguy
Species: atlantic salmon

Post by flyguy »

Congratulations on your new four stroke 115! I have the same motor ( I bought Digitrol's Sea Nymph). I am absolutely positive that you will be utterly delighted with this re-power. It will do everything but make you sandwiches and it will do it silently and efficiently, burning amazingly little fuel. Also has more power than anyone could ever really need. The troll control feature is just astounding. Now, if the ice will just open up and the water clear up a bit....yeah! And yes, Vt. Home and Marine is where you want to go - no doubt.
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

congrats on the new motor,I put a new 115 optimax on my boat after failing to get the old E-rude fixed. The only 115 in stock in the area was at The Boat Headquarters in Swanton. I chose the 2-stroke because it was lighter ,cheaper,and I already had a new 9.9 merc for trolling.