Rotary classic

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Rotary classic

Post by cpmaple »

Just wondering who else is fishing the rotary? Cpmaple will be out with a crew of 4, my daughter, son in law and their good friend. We will be on the south end Westport south as of now. I will post each evening how we do, nothing more its gonna be a great time with my daughter an son in law aboard since this will be the first for us fishing the rotary together team name is Cpmaple Sugaring.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Rotary classic

Post by Reelax »

hey Chad. team “Reelax” will be camping in Charlotte from Thursday nite (gear prep session) to Sunday to focus on water time, not trailer time:)

I’ve got previous DYP partners Joe and Jon on board. These are 2 of the most hardcore, long trolling fishing partners who I have ever met. They can do a 12hr troll if needed on a slow bite, and want more;)
It takes a special fisherman with that level of passion and determination but they both have it:)

We will be fishing the whole lake from Essex south. I will stay in touch to let ya know what we may be doing early on Friday to the north of you. I would be willing to bet we will be down your way by late day 1 or day 2 if my hunch is correct….

Really looking forward to this year, after a DYP win, we are trying to get a streak going and this would be the next hurdle to knock down.

Good luck to all rotary fishermen.!

Boo yaaa! It’s on… can’t wait:)

Fish on!
Matt B
kitchenpass
Species: salmon

Post by kitchenpass »

we will be based out of Isle La Motte fishing the derby. Team Hooked Up will be on the prowl, good luck to everyone.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Put the big boat in the barn yesterday ahead of the rain today to start preparing for the rotary. Stripping 10ft of line each pole ,retying leaders, cheaters. Go over gear check an double check lol.
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Weather looks better for 3 consecutive days than I have seen for a derby in a LONG time. This should be a blast!!!
Matt B
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Reelax wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:05 pm Weather looks better for 3 consecutive days than I have seen for a derby in a LONG time. This should be a blast!!!
Reelax I keep looking at it an hoping for once it don't change. It would be nice not to be out there in 2-3 footers.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Chad,
We will be out. Give us a wave when you go by, we will the same.
Todd
Todd
philb
Species: coldwater

Post by philb »

Trolling B's will be on the water it unfortunately will be our first trip out this year but we will finally be on the lake.

Phil B
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Crazy Ivan wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:05 am Chad,
We will be out. Give us a wave when you go by, we will the same.
Todd
Todd was gonna send ya a text see if you were gonna be out fishing. Good luck to ya an the crew will keep ya posted via text how we are doing. Been a slow yr for me with healing from this shoulder surgery butt, been lucky enough that my daughter an son in law love going to help with loading the boat.
Just Rite (Taycon)
Species: Salmon,lake trout

Post by Just Rite (Taycon) »

Coming from NH, we will be there as usual. Always a great excuse for going up to the lake
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

Reelax wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:11 am hey Chad. team “Reelax” will be camping in Charlotte from Thursday nite (gear prep session) to Sunday to focus on water time, not trailer time:)

I’ve got previous DYP partners Joe and Jon on board. These are 2 of the most hardcore, long trolling fishing partners who I have ever met. They can do a 12hr troll if needed on a slow bite, and want more;)
It takes a special fisherman with that level of passion and determination but they both have it:)

We will be fishing the whole lake from Essex south. I will stay in touch to let ya know what we may be doing early on Friday to the north of you. I would be willing to bet we will be down your way by late day 1 or day 2 if my hunch is correct….

Really looking forward to this year, after a DYP win, we are trying to get a streak going and this would be the next hurdle to knock down.

Good luck to all rotary fishermen.!

Boo yaaa! It’s on… can’t wait:)

Fish on!
[/quo]Hey Matt! You guys be careful out there! White perch are not in this derby. Fount and his son Patrick and Fishdawg will be aboard the Sea Runner. Looks like a launch outta Converse to start on Friday morning. Good luck!
Jcrossxc
Species: Salmon

Post by Jcrossxc »

My son and I will be out. Got to name are boat right now we go by Striper 26
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Up an having coffee while truck warms up 36 degrees out here gonna be a cool start this morning. To everyone fishing rotary good luck an be safe out console will be on 68. Tight lines an fish on
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Good luck everyone, and be safe on and off water.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Long day 1. 32 lake miles 12.5hr on water….

Some pics of day 1
Attachments
IMG_9602.jpeg
IMG_9602.jpeg (200.48 KiB) Viewed 758 times
IMG_9599.jpeg
IMG_9599.jpeg (113.42 KiB) Viewed 758 times
IMG_9578.jpeg
IMG_9578.jpeg (88.81 KiB) Viewed 758 times
IMG_9572.jpeg
IMG_9572.jpeg (144.16 KiB) Viewed 758 times
IMG_9579.jpeg
IMG_9579.jpeg (89.56 KiB) Viewed 758 times