5/4 Fishfest

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
AvgJoe
Species: All

5/4 Fishfest

Post by AvgJoe »

Fished w esad out of converse at first light. With only 4 rods we ran 3 downriggers to get us up to 6 lures, and one 2 color leadcore on a board and we were into double digits by 8am.

Bright colored sticks and spoons ruled the day, white and pink were best producers.

There were a couple of notable moments, first we observed an unhooked salmon make 3 distinctive jumps trying to hit the chartruse release on the board line flying just above the water surface. We added chartruse lures to the spread and kept catching.
The second event was experimenting with a storm thin fin lure on 2 color lead and hooking into a GIANT salmon. Brought it all the way to the net, but the camera/net man didn't have enough hands in that moment.
(Reelax-if you can share that video please do as it captures all the emotions of fishing in 30 seconds.)

At the end of the day the best salmon landed was 22" and 4.5lbs, and total count was 27 fish. Look forward to the next adventure!
Attachments
20240504_071559.jpg
20240504_071559.jpg (78.81 KiB) Viewed 695 times
20240504_095921.jpg
20240504_095921.jpg (159.89 KiB) Viewed 695 times
20240504_113018.jpg
20240504_113018.jpg (182.01 KiB) Viewed 695 times
20240504_133803.jpg
20240504_133803.jpg (120.35 KiB) Viewed 695 times
SELIC
Species: salmon

Re: 5/4 Fishfest

Post by SELIC »

Another good day fishing with Joe. Thanks
Esad
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Wow what a day you guys had. Esad’s new boat is awfully fishy. Does he have a school of bait fish painted in bottom?

Here’s your video;)

https://youtube.com/shorts/oEVZu6bGcm0? ... i7M4T54uRg

We fished 2 straight days on Friday and Saturday. had a blast, but you kicked our butt today right next to us!

Fish on!
Matt B
Mistress
Species: cold water

Post by Mistress »

Great reports as always! Looks like you guys had a great couple of days and caught some decent size fish and lost the BIG one. We’ve all been there!! Hoping to get out this week one afternoon if time allows and fish the west side. Will post if anything worth reporting.
Side note the walleye bite was on fire yesterday, young Sully and is girlfriend caught some NICE ones.
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Mistress wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:36 am Great reports as always! Looks like you guys had a great couple of days and caught some decent size fish and lost the BIG one. We’ve all been there!! Hoping to get out this week one afternoon if time allows and fish the west side. Will post if anything worth reporting.
Side note the walleye bite was on fire yesterday, young Sully and is girlfriend caught some NICE ones.

Pat, we were gonna try Walleye yesterday in winooski. launch just inside mouth was so packed with trailers you coould not park at 6am on Sat!
So we did salmon:)
Matt B
striper192001

Post by striper192001 »

Great report and video. Amazing how the salmon will play dead and skid along the water until.............it sees the net !!
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Great report, Joe and Esad! Sounds like a blast.

Apparently the Winooski was the place to be for walleye. I fished the Lamoille and there were only 6 rigs in the lot at 6am! Lots of bass and white perch. Only heard of 2 walleye being caught as I asked about every boat that went by.
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Esad. I checked the date of our 1st troll last year. April 22nd!!!! In one year you have purchased a boat, rigged it fully with riggers, planer mast and otters, autopilot, troll control, heat, bbq grill, custom top. Custom lure holder , rocket launcher, and much much more. Not only that but yesterday you and Joe kicked my butt right next to each other on the lake. I can’t tell you how nice it is to see you go from trolling for the 1st time to this report I. One year.

For a 1st ever trolling platform, you hit it out of the park…

You know Joe… that fat ass storm plug looked just like an alwive our biggest salmon spit up…

I vote you quickest Salmon learn on the lake:)

Nice job!
Matt B
SELIC

Post by SELIC »

Matt thanks for these nice compliments, i have achieved all this because i had a good fishing teacher in you and my boat is a copy of yours. My friend Joe will soon catch the biggest salmon in the lake and set a record.
Esad
AvgJoe
Species: All

Post by AvgJoe »

DYP 2022 w Reelax was my intro to this world. The parameters of the salmon hunt are real and and must be adhered to for targeted success. They are finicky fish and there is a program.
That being said, I have a bad case of big bait big fish syndrome. If fishing is slow, why not branch out? Within the ball park is better.