Shake down

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
striper192001
Species: salmon

Shake down

Post by striper192001 »

Had a window to do a shake down cruise. Too much to do and too little time and found when I got to the lake that I forgot fenders and sea bags.
We were up north and got on the water at the crack of 9:30 am headed to the fishing grounds. Thanks to help had two rods set up with two colors of lead on little bird planers with spoons. Two flat lines with small sticks that took all the fish. We might have had too much speed to get the lead down but every fish came in the same spot. We never got out of single numbers and they were all 16 inch fish. We looked in other places hoping for larger fish but didn't get bit. Kept 3 for the grill.
All in all it was good shakedown as boat ran really well. Here is a question. I bought a Vessel View as a Christmas present to myself and installed it. I had been worried about the rpm's I was getting and if I had the correct prop. The Vessel View is showing 1000 rpm more than the analog gauge on my dash. Has anyone else experienced this ?

John
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Re: Shake down

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

It’s your analog gauge that is wrong.
striper192001
Species: salmon

Re: Shake down

Post by striper192001 »

Hi Andre,

I figured that was the case............was wondering if anyone else had seen that happen

John