Fish Hawk Show New product release last night!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

Fish Hawk Show New product release last night!

Post by digitroll (ron) »

If you didn't get a chance to see it last night check out their show on You tube recorded. It's been a long time since we have seen anything new but the new system is a masterpiece! They did their homework and now the future is here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knt8IoaXtJk
digitroll (ron)

Re: Fish Hawk Show New product release last night!

Nice compare and contrast video by Richard Hajecki:

https://youtu.be/QbXCVv0fkkw?si=vHl3nPAgYPpuiUYn
digitroll (ron)

I never remove my probe off the rigger anymore. Very light weight and saves taking off and removing unless to charge.

AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

What would you recommend for someone just starting to use? Fish Hawk or Smart Troll? Reasons?
FishPole Thinking
digitroll (ron)

Fish Hawk for the riggers and Smart Troll for divers. Starting with the Fishhawk use the data for temp. and depth from the Fish Hawk probe on the rigger running 60-64F to start. Then the Smart Troll spacing them apart with the diver rods below the Fish Hawk probe. Once active depths are determined for bites then move the divers accordingly or slightly.

Fishhawk purchase first!
digitroll (ron)

8 trips logged for March and my second charging of the new Lithium Ultra Probe today since I first charged it Nov. 8th 2023:

Dead lake
Species: Lake trout

Post by Dead lake »

Bet that was cheap, I like batteries always have spares with me, can you charge on boat ?
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Ron I’m not sure how you have so much time to play with all the gadgets while fishing. They are really interesting but I find I get things like autopilot with chart routing capability and don’t use it cause I’d just rather start fishin.

It’s great to hear the newest available products, but it always makes me ponder if you’re fishing or playing with gear? I guess if it is slow, it gives you something to do, but that is when I bust out the grill:)

Fish on!
Attachments
IMG_7637.jpeg
IMG_7637.jpeg (161.57 KiB) Viewed 1360 times
Matt B
Mistress
Species: cold water

Post by Mistress »

You definitely have some cool gadgets aboard Digitroll Ron! Interesting they use lithium batteries in submersible probes, we all know what happens when lithium is mixed with water, I guess if you see a geyser behind your boat you’ll know what happened!
digitroll (ron)

The probe can be recharged in the boat in 15 minutes to get you thru your trip and then a full 2 hours of charge time at home. No wires or battery holders in the probe anymore or need to unscrew it to replace batteries. With it's smaller shape results in less blow back pulling it on your rigger. It's all sealed now with no risk for water to expose the lithium battery in the capsule. I did get 63.5 hrs on this charge but it hasn't been charged since November 8th. I will get lots of hours on it now where in the water now and see what the next charge cycle will bring.

I have never done any plotting on my autopilot to steer my boat. Never felt a need to do this. However, my Simrad Autopilot will follow a track from the sonar by setting a specific depth which is a neat feature! I have used this a few times.

I like technology and have been a tester for FishHawk for 14 years now. I like to collect data to help on prototype stuff to make sure it's robust before they release to the public. Testing and collecting data is part of my background and I enjoy this as much as fishing.

I have some very talented people fishing on my boat here and it becomes a laboratory of experiments every time we go out. I think it's more fun than doing the same repetitive thing over and over again which to me gets very boring. When we fish Ontario it really pays off all this testing with our results!

3 weeks ago I attended a one day salmon school in Pulaski that was sold out with 125 attendees. The three captains that presented from the West / Central / East of Lake Ontario put on one of the best events I have ever attended for 8 hours. I took 3 pages of detailed notes on stuff I wanted to try when we get back out there.

Crazy Yankee from Rochester, NY just rigged his new to him 38 ft boat and look at this helm! :) You can never have enough technology on your boat! I don't think all this technology impedes his ability to catch fish. :)

Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistress
Species: cold water

Post by Mistress »

Holy crap, Crazy Yankee must have a 120 amp alternator AND solar panels to run all those electronics! If someone invented a device that told me WHEN the fish are biting I’d buy in and even go to tech.school to learn how to use it if necessary!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

I think the reduced blow back makes that probe interesting. Will it work with the older fishhawk systems? Or do they get you to buy a new system?
Matt B
digitroll (ron)

These probes will work with any existing system. You don't have to buy the new display and package. Thats the beauty of it! If you had an X4D you want the Ultra probe.
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

I wasn't aware the new probe would work with the current system ?? I purchased my last year. Might be worth it to get it and keep the original probe as a back up. Can you confirm it will work with my system Ron?
Does it work with an X4 or does it need to be an X4D?
Isn't the X4D the one you can move from boat to boat ? I am confused as usual........
Nysrx01
Species: Trout

Post by Nysrx01 »

https://fishhawkelectronics.com/categor ... robes.html

Here is the link for the new probes