Port Henry - 12/4

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 12/4

Post by ChessieMan »

I was back at it again yesterday on a solo - and I really wish I'd had Scott or Dave or somebody with me because driving and catching at the same time was a bit challenging for me yesterday in the chop. But the good thing was I was catching.

Not as many salmon as last week - 8 only - BUT lotsa lakers - I landed 16 w/3 doubles and they were nice fish except for one old guy with scruffy fins and a lamprey hit in top of his head! This the one salmon I kept for dinner, a true "Fatty"! Wow, what will these guys look like next year!

Saw quite few more boats and could hear some "hooting" so I'm figuring they were catch too - hot lure was CI Blue Moon fished 25 down at 2.5.

Wind is gonna blow 'til Friday and I have a Dr. appt Friday that I waited a year for, so I'm screwed this week - tight lines to those who get out.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Port Henry - 12/4

Post by Reelax »

Was that you we saw circling the same spot all
Morning… had to be… we tried calling you on radio but got no reply… sounds like you had a great spot:)

We figured you were into em as you didn’t move
Much:)
Matt B
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

I remember you having a red Alumacraft so I assume we saw you, and that hooting may have come from the Country Angler crew as the kids caught a few salmon and lakers when I think we saw you too - you had the open red boat ?
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Post by ChessieMan »

Yeah - that was me in the open Alumacraft - my radio sucks! Hoping Santa brings me a new one
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

That's what I thought. Your radio has sucked for a long time. I'm pretty sure we've talked about this last year or the year before. I might have even mentioned your sucky radio to Matt when he asked me if I knew the boats around our there on Sunday.

Get that new one so we can hang out on the radio waves man!

By the way, I wondered where all of the Lakers have been lately. Judging by your report, they've been following your boat around.

Good luck out there.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

It's the Danny DeVito of Atlantic Landlocked Salmon!
What a chunky Silver.

Thanks for the Great report .