Fuel tank

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
kman05446
Species: salmon/trout

Fuel tank

Post by kman05446 »

Looking to replace my built-in 29 gallon fuel tank. It's a 1992 Sea Nymph 19GLS. I bought it new and it's been an awesome boat. Luckily the floor is attached with screws over the fuel tank. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm thinking on doing this project myself. Any ideas as to where to find a new tank/parts would be great.

Thanks
Kevin
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Re: Fuel tank

Post by Crayfish »

Kevin, I looked around last year when I thought I had a leak in my tank. I couldn't find any that were built the way the Sea Nymph tanks are, with the fuel fill mounted on the back. Everything I could find was mounted on top which wouldn't work very well with the floor / tank setup. I've got a 191CC, so similar hull. My leak ended up being the fuel fill line itself ... which was a bear to replace. The foam must be sprayed in after the line and fittings are in place! Good luck!
kman05446

Post by kman05446 »

Hey Crayfish,
Finally got the floor up and the tank siphoned out. Luckly, the fill is on the top of the tank. I'll be pulling the tank out soon to see about ordering a new one. The fill hose was a bitch to slide off. Old and stiff.

Kevin
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

so i did a little research and from what i could find is,unless you call a sea nymph/lowe boat dealer and they can get you one,you are probably going to have to get an aftermarket tank.moeller seems to make the most,lots of different sizes and dimensions.you'll need to get the dimensions of your tank amd where the fill,vent,and sender is and see if you can find one that will fit.wholesale marine and west marine are two companies that carry moeller tanks.good luck!!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
kman05446

Post by kman05446 »

Thanks for the info finsntins.